Windows 10: Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details

Discus and support Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Mic has not worked on my PC for a while now and I have noticed that my microphone is "not plugged in". My Headset is the Razer Kraken Pro V2 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by windtone, Dec 14, 2018.

1. windtone Win User

Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details

My Mic has not worked on my PC for a while now and I have noticed that my microphone is "not plugged in". My Headset is the Razer Kraken Pro V2 with one 3.5mm analog jack. There is not a seperate plug for the mic and I know that it is not the headset's problem because I have tested and used the mic fine on other devices. In the "recording" tab of "sound", "Line In" is the only recording device and it is not picking up any noise. If I plug in my headset into the plug for MICS I am able to record audio but I cannot hear anything. How can I either make the Line In record audio or fix the fact that my mic is not "plugged in:.

:)

windtone, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 14, 2018
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details

Speedlink starlet microphones

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the Microphone is working properly with any other device?

• Do you receive any error message, when trying to use Microphone?
    I suggest you try running hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the
      Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under
      Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details

1. Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details - Similar Threads - Microphone Working Read

2. **read details**

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **read details**: i need help connecting my hdmi to my msi monitor when i go to device manager and click on display adapters this is the message that appears This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The driver trying to start...
  3. **read details**

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **read details**: i need help connecting my hdmi to my msi monitor when i go to device manager and click on display adapters this is the message that appears This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The driver trying to start...
  4. Random Crashes... details in post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes... details in post: Hey everyone, this community has rocked helping me out in the past, lets see what you all make of this :So for about a month my computer has been randomly freezing/black screen/reboot after 10 seconds. The mini dmp files were always vague with identifying hardware being...
  5. Random Crashes... details in post

Random Crashes... details in post: Hey everyone, this community has rocked helping me out in the past, lets see what you all make of this :So for about a month my computer has been randomly freezing/black screen/reboot after 10 seconds. The mini dmp files were always vague with identifying hardware being...
  6. Microphone not working post Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working post Windows 11.: It states that no audio input device is available ever since I updated to Windows 11. Please help me reinstall or recover the missing driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-post-windows-11/80161cba-0a5d-46b4-a3ea-6a8a599a7231
  7. Microphone not working post Windows 11.

Microphone not working post Windows 11.: It states that no audio input device is available ever since I updated to Windows 11. Please help me reinstall or recover the missing driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-post-windows-11/80161cba-0a5d-46b4-a3ea-6a8a599a7231
  8. Trouble with PC Xbox Live microphone? READ DESC for details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with PC Xbox Live microphone? READ DESC for details: i have a windows 10 gaming laptop. I play sea of thieves (Windows 10/ Xbox App version) all the time with them and we are able to use the in game voice chat cuz we all own headsets. It works perfectly most the time. But the odd thing is whenever I use Xbox Game Bar ill...
  9. Pls read Details

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pls read Details: Fortnite needs Intel HD 4000 to play but my laptop only has Intel HD 3000. Can I upgrade it or make something else to play the game. Everytime I want to play the game there comes up this message., Failed to find graphics adapter with the minimum required DX11 feature level....
  10. Reading Posts to questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading Posts to questions: When I am reading the posts to a thread, and there are obviously more pages, how does one move on to the next page of replies please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-posts-to-questions/34f61016-8917-44ef-bbbd-cb39b94475a3