Windows 10: Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

Discus and support Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gracieleigh21, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but the mic still didn't work and when I tested both headphone sets by plugging directly into the pc, the microphone worked fine. I then ordered a new soundcard as I thought maybe that was the problem, but even with the new soundcard it wont work. I've tested out my new soundcard on my laptop and it works fine there, so it m

:)

gracieleigh21, Sep 28, 2022

2. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine.

But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound.

KarineKala, Sep 28, 2022
  3. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

1. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone working through

2. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  3. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  4. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  5. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  6. External USB soundcard not working

External USB soundcard not working: Hi,I made some cable management inside of my computer and rearranged my cables. After I powered my pc and from then I have a problem with my external soundcard. When it works rare, it works till I pause the music and after I resume or close the music app, it has no sound. I...
  7. No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.: Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack adaptor, so I can plug it into the soundcard.The mic worked "exactly okay" when it was just plugged in via usb, before I got...
  8. Soundcard problems in windows 10

Soundcard problems in windows 10: I have a ASUS P5Q SE Plus motherboard running windows 10. My problem seems to be that the software I am using BUTT cannot see any sound source. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/soundcard-problems-in-windows-10/6b62ebb6-4aea-47c9-8f93-39ee43473340
  9. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10: When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine. But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound....
  10. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems: Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live....