Windows 10: Microphone not working when gaming.

Discus and support Microphone not working when gaming. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I use external monitor with my laptop and when playing games (Valorant) the microphone on my laptop picks up my voice,not the in ear headphone I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shirt_Mindless, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Microphone not working when gaming.

Hi.

I use external monitor with my laptop and when playing games (Valorant) the microphone on my laptop picks up my voice,not the in ear headphone I attached.I went to sound settings and tested my mic.Same issue.When I tap my laptop's mic it picks up sound but my headphone's mic doesn't.

submitted by /u/Shirt_Mindless
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shirt_Mindless, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Microphone not working when gaming.

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working when gaming.

1. Microphone not working when gaming. - Similar Threads - Microphone working gaming

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when calling: When I call from my phone via Bluetooth, my microphone doesn't work. I tried using the official Your Phone application as well as some other ones like Intel Unison, but neither of them worked. In any other app, my mic functions just fine. Whenever I choose my headset...
  4. Microphone not working when calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when calling: When I call from my phone via Bluetooth, my microphone doesn't work. I tried using the official Your Phone application as well as some other ones like Intel Unison, but neither of them worked. In any other app, my mic functions just fine. Whenever I choose my headset...
  5. USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened: The microphone I have is a Blue Snowball ICE, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it just stops picking up audio until I either 1 unplug and plug back in the microphone or 2 disable and enable the device....
  6. Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working with Xbox game bar: My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10. It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, windows G, the menu says that the...
  7. Microphone not working when plugged in

Microphone not working when plugged in: When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run the troubleshooter...
  8. microphone for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone for gaming: Im having a problem with my microphone so here are the details, I have 2 headphone jacks the headphones that im using have one jack and one usb the only thing the usb seems to do is light up the headphones and the jack can either activate the mic or plug into the other one...
  9. Microphone working, but not detected in apps. Not working in game chat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone working, but not detected in apps. Not working in game chat: Hello. I am brand new in this forum and have been searching for similar problems . I have 2 different headsets. Steelseries arctis 5 (USB) and a Razor (2X3.5mm jack) Platform Windows 10 Whenever I connect them, they are working for skype calls and you can see them working...
  10. External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!

External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!: Hi, I want to record footage of gameplay on windows 10. However, OBS studio and StreamLabs lag too much when I try to play games with them. So, I tried using Game DVR to record gameplay. I have a steinberg ur22 audio soundcard which links up to an external mic which I would...