Windows 10: Microphone not working Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Microphone not working Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a headset with only one 3,5 jack which has even a microphone included. I put it into my laptop and i just can't make the microphone work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexandraAntoci, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Microphone not working Windows 10 Home

I am using a headset with only one 3,5 jack which has even a microphone included. I put it into my laptop and i just can't make the microphone work on apps, i checked in settings if it allows apps use it, and i even see the Microphone Icon on the bottom right which says which app is using my microphone.

I even checked in control panel in sound & hardware, at sound and i saw that the microphone Works and the laptop recognizes it. But i can't talk to any app. Not on discord, not on Skype, not on Google meet for example.

And one more thing, the web camera which is included in my laptop has the exactly same problem, doesn't work anywhere.

And if you say that i should check the updates on Windows, it's updated. I got no more updates to make.

If anyone know any ideea how can i make at least my microphone work, i would be grateful.

:)

AlexandraAntoci, Sep 26, 2020

2. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Microphone not working Windows 10 Home

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working Windows 10 Home

1. Microphone not working Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Microphone working Home

2. Windows 10 Home laptop microphone doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home laptop microphone doesn't work.: Hey I have a problem with the microphone that is built in my laptop because they said there is a microphone the shop and Lenovo itself but they coulnd't help me and I tried it and it showed the small icon but didn't record my voice. Thanks for any responses.Laptop used:...
  3. Windows 10 Home laptop microphone doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home laptop microphone doesn't work.: Hey I have a problem with the microphone that is built in my laptop because they said there is a microphone the shop and Lenovo itself but they coulnd't help me and I tried it and it showed the small icon but didn't record my voice. Thanks for any responses.Laptop used:...
  4. Windows 10 Home laptop microphone doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone in Windows 10 Not Working: I can hear audio but my microphone will only record buzzing sound when I try to use it. Cortana hears a sound but no words are audible just buzz sound. Is there a fix for this?...
  6. 2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes: Windows 10 Home20H2OS build 19042.1202Windows Feature Experience 120.2212.3530.0Up until last week sometime my microphone was working fine. Now - I'm guessing after a Windows update - all microphone devices are broken and the microphone privacy settings app crashes when...
  7. Microphone not working on Windows 10

Microphone not working on Windows 10: Hi, can anybody help me in fixing my microphone, I've gone through all the recommended options to fix it, but it still is not working. I cannot use my microphone for anything at present even though all the settings seem to be ok. Not sure how long this has been happening as...
  8. Microphone Not working on Windows 10

Microphone Not working on Windows 10: Around a week ago, my headphone's mic stopped working. It had been working on this PC for a while but it just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't my headphone's problem because I have tried it on 2 other devices (a laptop and a mac) where it worked perfectly fine,...
  9. Windows 10 Microphone Will Not Work

Windows 10 Microphone Will Not Work: Fairly recently my computer has failed to recognize when I am speaking into my microphone. The headset that my mic is a part of still works just fine for playback audio, and the mic will work when I plug it into another computer. I have booted Ubuntu onto my computer and my...
  10. Windows 10 Home Microphone Issues

Windows 10 Home Microphone Issues: Hello guys, before i made an account here i looked everywhere (at least i think everywhere) for an answer. I'm a game streamer. I own a ASUS ROG FHD 120 Hz i7-7700HQ 3.80 GHz (up to 4 GHz) 64GB DDR4 1TB SATA 7200 RPM + 256GB SSD nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X VR Ready....