Windows 10: Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Discus and support Microphone not working with combo audio jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Butters, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Butters Win User

Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Butters, Sep 3, 2015
  2. xianjoong Win User
    xianjoong, Sep 3, 2015
  3. spinebird Win User
    1x Headphone/mic combo jack not working

Got the same issue. My laptop is Asus K401LB. 1x combo audio port. I have tried using combo jack audio splitter, but won't detect external microphone. Search google on it but nothing solve the problem. I really don't wanna use USB soundcard, so please
    fix this issue. Its diffrent using combo jack and USB soundcard.

spinebird, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Butters Win User

Does anyone have a solution?

Butters, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    I don't know if this is possibly your problem, but when Audacity wouldn't work on a new Windows 10 install, I found there were some disabled and hidden audio devices in the Control Panel.

Here is how I made them visible and was then able to access them in Audacity. Maybe this will help you.

Right Click on the Start Button, select Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, under Sound select Manage Audio Devices, select Recording, Right Click in the center of the Sound pop-up menu and make sure Show Disabled Devices is checked. Hidden Disabled devices can now be selected, Right Clicked on and Enabled, etc.

Antilope, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Butters Win User
    Yeah nothing else shows up with Hidden and Disabled Devices checked. All I see is 'Microphone' and 'Stereo Mix' (which is the computer's output sound).

Butters, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Butters Win User
    Never mind, I figured it out. I just needed to enable it in Dell audio settings. Thanks.

Butters, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

how did u solve this i have the turtle beach px24 and have gotten the audio/mic splitter and still doesn't work.the headset works fine i can hear myself but comp won't recognize the mic. please help the company has not gotten back to me after 4 separate emails. over a week n half have been checking post's n forums of others with same problem that somehow fix it and don't show solution.

Greentroy916, Oct 9, 2016
  9. Butters Win User
    What type of computer do you have?

Butters, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone not working with combo audio jack - Similar Threads - Microphone working combo

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  4. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  5. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  6. Combo Audio Jack on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo Audio Jack on pc: I have a combo audio jack on my pc Vostro 3681 by dell, and my headset HyperX Cloud stinger and looks like the mic is not working on my headset after SOME windows update. idk what was it too much updates. did windows update actually did something? if there`s some solution,...
  7. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...
  8. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  9. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Speakers not connecting to combo jack: So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings....
  10. Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.: I have a new laptop (and see specs) that I'm slowly learning to use and I'm having a problem inserting the 3.5mm combojack (CJ) into the jack's receptacle, has anyone ran across this? I'm pretty sure I can't hear sound from the earbuds because when I have the CJ in as far...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. combo audio jack windows 10

2. combo jack not working

3. can realtek hd audio combo jack be used as a microphone?