Windows 10: Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Discus and support Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows_has_flaws, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Hi guys,

I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable.

These definitely work as I tried them on my laptop with immediate success.

However, on my desktop, no dice. I can hear audio, but the microphone does not work. I've tried both the front and back audio ports, even opened up the case and checked all my connections to the motherboard and they're all OK.

Are there some obscure Windows settings I can fiddle around with? I have this Realtek Audio Console which is next to useless. Says mic is connected and that's all.

I have Windows 10 for Education 1909.

Thanks!

:)

Windows_has_flaws, Apr 11, 2020
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Apr 11, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Restart after disabling the XSplit. May not make a difference but worth trying.

What's left is the possibility the multi jack is the issue. A computer mic needs +5V DC to operate. If that is not being provided it could be a reason the mic is not detected or working. Another problem is the jack or internal components.

Since the separate mic jack works, you could get a splitter, to provide separate TRS plugs for the mic and headset and try that. If that still does not work, it suggests there is a compatibility problem between the headset and your PC (since you reported the headset/mic work in a game console).

fireberd, Apr 11, 2020
  4. MattKC Win User

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Headset Mic and Realtek drivers

Hey so funny thing, like I said, when i plug in my gaming headset vie splitter (mic, headphone), the mic does not work, it is if it only picks up noise, nothing else, like a little whitenoise generator. So after reading some stuff I tried something funny, I actually unplugged my microphone from my headset and plugged it directly via the mic input on my laptop, while headset was plugged in via headphone jack and what do you know, the mic works, so WTF is happening? lol I read somewhere that the realtek manager app is messing everything up and not recognizing headphones or headsets, not sure if it's true, but was wondering if anyone has some thoughts about it.

MattKC, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

1. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter - Similar Threads - Microphone working headset

2. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  5. Microphone works with mic in option but not with headset option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works with mic in option but not with headset option: My mic suddenly stopped working yesterday. I've tried all the normal steps like setting my microphone as the default device, trying other headsets, restarting my pc, updating my drivers, etc. but I can't get it to work. I have noticed that although my mic does not work...
  6. Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop

Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop: I have an Acer Spin 311. I've wanted to use this lapel microphone I bought recently, but I realized that a USB cord would've been better than a audio jack a little too late. So I bought a "splitter" for both microphones and headphones. The way my computer works, is that...
  7. Built-in microphone not working after using headset mic

Built-in microphone not working after using headset mic: When using a Turtle Beach headset for zoom calls the headset mic works fine, however when I unplug the headset the built-in laptop mic no longer works in zoom or other apps. In Windows sound settings the input bar moves to indicate it's picking up sound. Microphone privacy is...
  8. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  9. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gaming headset splitter microphone not working

2. mic not working in headset splitter

3. headphone and mic splitter not working

4. headset microphone drivers hyperx cloud stinger