Windows 10: Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.

Discus and support Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I've had this issue for awhile, and just recently wanted to eliminate the problem. I have a microphone, one that works perfectly fine on my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KianO'Brien, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.

So, I've had this issue for awhile, and just recently wanted to eliminate the problem. I have a microphone, one that works perfectly fine on my phone or any other computer, and it doesn't work on mine. I don't know why it happens, but I have tried everything: Uninstalling the drivers, trying different ports, turning off the enhancements, and none of it works. If anyone knows why this is happening, please let me know! My Pc link:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...WA&gclid=CP_Rp5_Il-MCFZD5swodjWoJLQ&gclsrc=ds

:)

KianO'Brien, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2019
  3. my microphone that is built in the computer isn't working thats why my friends cant hear me

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Microphone not working. We will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Wasim A
    in the below thread and check if it helps to resolve your issue:

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

If the issue persists, Try following the steps listed by John Rubdy
    in the below thread and check if it helps:

Microphone not working in windows 10 build 9926

Further you can refer to the suggestions given in the link below and check if it helps:

Windows 10 built in microphone not working.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.

My headset's built in microphone's not working

Hello Mikkel,

We just want to confirm, are you referring to feedback loop? If yes, note that you may hear feedback from your PC speakers if
    one or more of the the following conditions are true:

• You increase the Microphone Boost option.
    • The speakers are too close to the microphone.
    • The speaker volume is turned up so as the microphone hears the speakers.
    • You have a very sensitive microphone.

You may be able to reduce or eliminate the feedback you are hearing by trying the following steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Open the Hardware and Sound setting.
    • Open the Sound setting.
    • Select the Recording tab and double-click your microphone you have selected as the default recording device.
    • Click on the Level tab and reduce the Microphone Boost setting. Note: This setting may not be available for some microphones.

You may also be able to reduce the feedback loop by selecting the Enhancement tab in the microphone's properties page and enabling one of the following options:

• Enable Noise Suppression
    • Enable Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Note: These settings are audio hardware and software specific and may not be available for all microphones.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them.

1. Microphone Not working, yet I can hear out of them. - Similar Threads - Microphone working yet

2. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  5. When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.

When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.: I have a new di chatCam my picture and when they are speaking it comes over good. But they can't hear me at all . Any ideas. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-speak-no-one-can-hear-me-but-i-can-hear/e0571341-4645-49cb-b2f2-b6e869642094
  6. I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?: I just plugged a microphone in and one site did show the audio level is coming out of the mic when I speak so mic works. Should I hear it out of my speakers. I want to correct the pronunciation on a web site....
  7. Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me: When on Zoom I can hear my team mates but they can't hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-woking-on-zoom-i-can-hear-them/ba265b51-6a80-4809-92aa-90339f3bc42a
  8. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  9. Your Phone App Calls - I can hear them but they can't hear me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App Calls - I can hear them but they can't hear me: I'm trying to make calls on my desktop thru the Your Phone application in Windows 10. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro connected via bluetooth to my PC. I can make a call thru the Your Phone app in windows, I can hear the voice of the person I'm calling, but they can't hear me. I have...
  10. SA-708GT microphone not working, can hear just fine?

SA-708GT microphone not working, can hear just fine?: I recently got a SA-708GT headset and the sound works and the microphone doesn't pick up. I updated the driver for the default speaker/microphone combo (Realtek High Definition Audio) since the headphones were underneath the same header title for the text underneath the...