Windows 10: Microphone not working.

Discus and support Microphone not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Zoom meeting tomorrow but my microphone is not working. I can hear what is being said. I tried troubleshooting and ran a test, but it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GloriaLavertu, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM.

1. Microphone not working.

I have a Zoom meeting tomorrow but my microphone is not working. I can hear what is being said. I tried troubleshooting and ran a test, but it is still not working. I am able to record. Please send me easy step-by-step directions as it is written. Thank you!

:)

GloriaLavertu, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:15 PM
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microphone not working.

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Thema:

Microphone not working.

1. Microphone not working. - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working.: Fixed Zoom microphone issue. Now, when I tested my microphone in settings it did not work. Troubleshoot did not help. Please give me specific directions. Thank you!...
  3. Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working: So, the problem is occurring on an Asus computer, Windows 10. The microphone was recording fine, and suddenly it stopped. Running the test in sound picks up level 0 - 3 at all times. When I try to listen to it through playback, I get a piercing screeching noise, and...
  4. microphone not working

microphone not working: my microphone on gaming head set stopped working 2 weeks ago, ive tested it in my xbox and it works fine, I have asked google and tried what I can find there but no help can anybody help?...
  5. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  6. Microphone not working after my laptop re-installed Win 10 2004!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working after my laptop re-installed Win 10 2004!!: Recently, I got my window 10 re-installed on my laptop. After I got it back, I updated it manually Via the update tabs in setting of window. Backward a bit, after I got my window 10 re-installed with the service center, I didn't got to check my microphone or stuff, but for...
  7. No microphones work on my pc

No microphones work on my pc: i have tried four different mics on my computer, i put them in the microphone slot but they all barely pick up my voice, I tried turning the boost up all the way but it didnt help, any help is appreciated. TIA. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  8. Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux?

Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux?: Hello, everyone, the problem is actually already quite well summarized in the title. As soon as I unplug the speakers the microphone works again. Do you have solutions? Many greetings Notebook Mikrofon geht nicht sobald ich meine Lautsprecher per Aux anstecke?
  9. PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

PLEASE HELP Microphone not working: My microphone has not been working for the past few days, and I'm getting pretty pissed. I've done device manager shit, I've installed and reinstalled various suggested drivers, and I've reset my pc numerous times to try and get my (functioning) mic working again. I've...
  10. Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission: Hi, the integrated microphone on my Lenovo IdeaPad C-340 under Windows 10 used to work fine, I could participate in ZOOM calls without a problem. Then suddenly, it stopped working. When I go to the sound settings, I see that the microphone works, because the volume bar of...