Windows 10: Microphone not working

Discus and support Microphone not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My microphone stopped working. Mutilple platforms won't let it work. I don't know what happen. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jerrysavolski, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Microphone not working

My microphone stopped working. Mutilple platforms won't let it work. I don't know what happen. Please help!

:)

Jerrysavolski, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2022
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microphone not working

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Microphone not working

1. Microphone not working - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  3. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  4. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  6. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  7. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  8. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  9. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.

Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.: I don't really know how long this issue has been going on for since I've only ever tried to use one microphone with my PC. For some reason, only a USB microphone/camera will connect to my PC. Microphones on headsets through the audio jack show up as "Mic in at front panel...