Windows 10: Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?

Discus and support Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug my microphone into my computer a notification shows up saying that a device has been plugged in, but for some reason, in the sound panel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SurelyStupid, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?

When I plug my microphone into my computer a notification shows up saying that a device has been plugged in, but for some reason, in the sound panel, it still says that my microphone isn't plugged in and I can't use it. How do I fix this.

:)

SurelyStupid, Dec 6, 2020

2. my microphone isn t working

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience problems with a device due to an issue with its driver or the hardware device itself. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Have you tried using the microphone on a different computer?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone?

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?

my microphone isn t working

configurationi Hello Angela,

Thank you for helping me, it is so nice to have your help. My answers to your questions are the next:

• I think that there are problems because it is a new laptop. A problem with the sistem concerning my web camera I solve it earlier, but the problem with my microphone I don't know how to solve it. I don't know why isn't working correctly.
    • The troubleshooting I tried so far were Microfon Configuration>Microphon>Config. the microphone for recognising the talk>Start> Microphon configuration. After this my computer can't solve the problem.
    • The windows version is 10.0.14393 Generare 14393 (I have to specific that my computer is in Romanian language).
    • I don't have any microphone, so I just used the one who is integrated in windows.
    I am waiting for your response as soon as possible.

alexandra1lxndr, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?

1. Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized? - Similar Threads - Microphone notification shows

2. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  3. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  4. Microphone not showing up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microphone not showing up at all.: Hello, my name is Jackson. I have a mic t hat I'm trying to use with my system but I've plugged it in and it's not showing up at all, if you can help me I'd much appreciate it! I can hear sounds with the mic but I cannot talk on it whatsoever or select it to use....
  5. Microphone shows up as Output

Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  6. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.: Hello there, I recently just a new computer and when I plug in my headphones they show up as speakers. The plug in microphone for the headset also doesn't work and will not show up. I don't know how to fix this and I just want to be able to use my mic to talk with my...
  7. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.: Hello there, I recently just a new computer and when I plug in my headphones they show up as speakers. The plug in microphone for the headset also doesn't work and will not show up. I don't know how to fix this and I just want to be able to use my mic to talk with my...
  8. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why isn't microphone boost showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why isn't microphone boost showing up: I got a new microphone Blue Yeti and I noticed that microphone boost isn't on there. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make it show up because I want to use it....
  10. microphone input not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone input not showing up: my headset microphone input option isint showing anyone know why? submitted by /u/something_awufull200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1lyfs/microphone_input_not_showing_up/