Windows 10: Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update

Discus and support Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using the built in microsoft on my laptop and after doing the most recent windows update it has stopped working. The apps that I use still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew_208, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update

I have been using the built in microsoft on my laptop and after doing the most recent windows update it has stopped working. The apps that I use still have permission to my microphone but i am told that the output from my end only sounds like static. I have an old Dell Latitude, unsure of the product number but it is an Intel 64 bit with Windows 10. The drivers are all up to date and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 'Microphone' drivers. I cant think of anything else I can do. It worked the other day but now it doesnt work. The only thing that has changed is that I have installed a few windows updates... please help.

:)

Andrew_208, Oct 16, 2020

2. Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Oct 16, 2020
  3. jwadew Win User
    Windows 10 no sound, just static

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows 10, I have owned it for two months, with no sound problems. This morning (unknown if there was a Windows update last night) the sound does not work. There is no partial sound when attempting to play music. There is only a constant (with or without playing music) low-level static.

I have done all the usual steps with drivers, updating, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. No change.

Originally in device manager, under Sound there was listed (I forget the exact wording):
    Intel
    Realtek
    NVidea

After uninstalling and rebooting there is only:
    High Definition Audio Device (assume this is the default)

On the Asus support website where are only Realtek audio drivers. I downloaded and installed those. So now device manager, under sound, shows:
    High Definition Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No matter what I do, same result, just low-level static, no sound or music of any kind.

Any ideas anyone?

Asus U534UX laptop, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2 TB Mechanical.

jwadew, Oct 16, 2020
  4. kasvs Win User

Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update

Sound from Microphone sound like machine recording

Original Title: microphone

I have aToshiba Satellite L55 and just recently upgraded to Windows 10. The recorded voice coming out of the microphone sounds like a machine recording. How do I make me sound human.

kasvs, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update

1. Microphone now sounds like static after recent windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Microphone sounds static

2. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...
  3. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Audio Sounds Like Static: When I have more than 1 audio output at the same time, it will distort one of them making it sound grainy. Is there a setting I need to change? Surface Laptop 4...
  4. Background Audio Sounds Like Static

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone static after update: hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and...
  6. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone static after update: hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and...
  7. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Crackling/Static like sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling/Static like sound: hi so i was using my laptop on windows 10 and i opened a tab to watch youtube and suddenly a random crackling sound happened whenever sound played from the video. and its not just youtube its all sites. it happens with both my headphones in and them out so its not my...
  9. Static/Electricity Sound in Microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static/Electricity Sound in Microphone.: So I just updated windows 10 today, and now my mic doesn't work. People say that whenever I speak, it sounds like a tesla coil, like arcing electricity. I've tried updating my drivers, disabling all audio enhancements, etc. and so far nothing has worked. Anyone have ideas, or...
  10. Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update: I have a Frisby FMC-220 standing microphone and it worked perfect until a recent update a few days ago. now it won't pick up my voice unless I open the properties and set the boost to +30.0 dB I updated my Realtek HD driver but it did not fix the issue. 67108