Windows 10: Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update

Discus and support Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I updated my new computer to Windows 11 yesterday. Prior to the update, the mic was completely functional. However, Once I made the update, the mic no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christopher Backes, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update

I updated my new computer to Windows 11 yesterday. Prior to the update, the mic was completely functional. However, Once I made the update, the mic no longer works but the camera does.Make/model of computer: ASUS ROG Strix G17Webcam: ASUS ROG Eye SI do not receive any error message, and the only changes have been the installations made under Windows Update in SettingsI have gone through troubleshooting it, and there has not been anything detected.

:)

Christopher Backes, Jan 23, 2022
  2. John Sarc Win User

My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Jan 23, 2022
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update

Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update

1. Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Microphone external webcam

2. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  3. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  4. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone on external webcam stopped working after Windows 11 update: I updated my new computer to Windows 11 yesterday. Prior to the update, the mic was completely functional. However, Once I made the update, the mic no longer works but the camera does.Make/model of computer: ASUS ROG Strix G17Webcam: ASUS ROG Eye SI do not receive any error...
  6. Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update: I have been trying for a solution for more than 2 years the best answer I could get washttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-usbvid1bcfpid2c55mi0069e1e39c00000-requires/96fdd181-91a8-41bb-aa48-e909594a1cb8but in the response Chris does not specify which...
  7. Microphone stopped working after windows update

Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  8. External Webcam stopped working

External Webcam stopped working: My webcam was working fine, I went for a 15 min break came back and it will no longer show images, it shows it is still getting power, as well the mic that is built in keeps flashing as though it is connecting and disconnecting. In device manager there is no camera showing in...
  9. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  10. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...