Windows 10: Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work

Discus and support Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I received my Dell Inspiron Gaming PC from Amazon, and after a long time of configurations I tried to test my Logitech G233 Prodigy Headset's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Micaiah Mercado, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work

Yesterday I received my Dell Inspiron Gaming PC from Amazon, and after a long time of configurations I tried to test my Logitech G233 Prodigy Headset's microphone, which didn't work but I could hear in-game sound. I was using the front headphone jack, so I plugged the headset into the pink microphone jack in the back of the computer, but I couldn't hear anything and the mic wasn't working either. I plugged my headset back into the front jack and now I can hear things again. I then went into Control Panel and noticed in the "Recording" section of Sound that there wasn't any microphone being picked up by the PC, only the Stereo Mix, which I disabled because it emitted my own PC's sounds directly into my mic. I went into Device Manager and found the Realtek (R) audio under the Sound, video and game controllers along with my AMD High Definition Audio Device. I updated all my drivers, deleted them and reinstalled them, but nothing seemed to fix it. When I plugged the headset into the back jack, although I couldn't hear or say anything I did notice that there were two new Audio Inputs and Outputs labeled as Headset Earphone and Headset Microphone along with a Realtek Microphone. I have updated the drivers as well but still nothing. I have tried a lot of things but nothing has seemed to work.

Thanks

:)

Micaiah Mercado, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jul 23, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work

Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work

1. Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Microphone Headset Doesn't

2. My headset with microphone doesn't work at any cost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset with microphone doesn't work at any cost: Hello. I downloaded a game that needed microphone and then when I tried to use the microphone it doesn't work at all.I checked the audio driver and I had no audio drivers. I downloaded realtek and still not working. I tried plug-in the microphone on my phone and it worked...
  3. My headset with microphone doesn't work at any cost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset with microphone doesn't work at any cost: Hello. I downloaded a game that needed microphone and then when I tried to use the microphone it doesn't work at all.I checked the audio driver and I had no audio drivers. I downloaded realtek and still not working. I tried plug-in the microphone on my phone and it worked...
  4. My headset with microphone doesn't work at any cost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do

External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do: I just bought a new Dell G5 5590 and I also have new Sony 1000X M3 headphones. The headphones work on my phone for both the microphone and the speakers. However, when I try to use them with my laptop, sound comes through the speakers, but it doesn't recognize the...
  6. Headset Microphone Not Working

Headset Microphone Not Working: I recently received a pare of steelseries ARCTIS 3 headphones. I plugged them into my computer using the splitting cable to plug into the mic and audio ports on the front of my PC. The device is recognized, and the audio works well. However, there is no sound coming from the...
  7. Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?

Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?: Recently bought a new headset and was trying to use them for gaming and no one could hear me and i tried doing everything in my knowledge to try and fix them " going through settings" and genuinely couldn't find anything to get them to work how can i get my headset's mic to...
  8. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  9. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  10. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 headset mic not detected