Windows 10: microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update

Discus and support microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; microphone on headset doesn't work; seems to be pre-empted by some unknown application.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidKeene2, Feb 20, 2019.

1. microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update

microphone on headset doesn't work; seems to be pre-empted by some unknown application.

:)

DavidKeene2, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 20, 2019
  3. KerooSeta Win User
    Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update

1. microphone on headset. stopped working w Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - microphone headset stopped

2. Windows 10 stopped detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped detecting headset microphone: A few days ago my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the mic of my headphones. The sound works fine, and the internal microphone in my laptop does work too.It is just that my headphones mic is not working at all, and when they are plugged in there is no sound input. I have...
  3. Windows 10 stopped detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped detecting headset microphone: A few days ago my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the mic of my headphones. The sound works fine, and the internal microphone in my laptop does work too.It is just that my headphones mic is not working at all, and when they are plugged in there is no sound input. I have...
  4. Windows 10 stopped detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset microphone not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not working on Windows 10: Hello, I got a new laptop, Dell Latitude 5580, and I noticed that the microphone on my headset JBL Quantum 200 won't work, even though the audio works. The same issue happens when I plug my headphones into my monitor Sceptre E278W-FPT, connected through HDMI. The microphone...
  6. Headset microphone not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset microphone not working on Windows 10: Hello, I got a new laptop, Dell Latitude 5580, and I noticed that the microphone on my headset JBL Quantum 200 won't work, even though the audio works. The same issue happens when I plug my headphones into my monitor Sceptre E278W-FPT, connected through HDMI. The microphone...
  7. Headset microphone suddenly stopped working

Headset microphone suddenly stopped working: My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex 3020, I use a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset and have been using it for around 5 months now. I mostly play games where communication is really needed, when suddenly the microphone stopped working, I've tried listening to what the microphone...
  8. Different headset microphones stop working

Different headset microphones stop working: Hello, I have a Plantronics headset and a Jabra headset. I use them with Discord and with Google Hangouts. Initially the mic works and then midway through a meeting the mic on both headsets will stop working. What would make them start to work and then suddenly stop?...
  9. Headset microphone not working windows 10.

Headset microphone not working windows 10.: My turtle beach headset's microphone is not working and not recognized by my laptop. The speakers on it are fine so it isn't a connection problem. Nothing I have has worked and I have seen many other people with this exact problem who have no solution. The mic was working...
  10. Headset Microphone not working in windows 10

Headset Microphone not working in windows 10: Hi everyone. Last month, I installed Windows 10 preview on my 2012 macbook pro via bootcamp. Today I tried to use my headset for the first time in Windows 10 (Skullcandy SLYR). Audio seems okay, but the microphone isn't detected. In "Manage Audio Devices", only thr Cirrus...