Windows 10: Microphone on my child's account is disabled for all apps

Discus and support Microphone on my child's account is disabled for all apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently setup Microsoft family and an account for my child. Then I set up the account on a laptop for my child and he is able to log in and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gsmiro929, Jan 22, 2021.

1. gsmiro929 Win User

Microphone on my child's account is disabled for all apps

I have recently setup Microsoft family and an account for my child. Then I set up the account on a laptop for my child and he is able to log in and all the family setting seems to be working correctly. However, when he tries to use Google Meet from Edge or voice recording or camera app, the microphone is disabled in the setting. However, in the microphone privacy setting the mic is on. And I couldn't find any other way to change the setting.

I have tried to log in using my own account and when I use Edge and logged in as my child, the microphone is automatically disabled. However, I cannot find any setting in Microsoft Family to enable mics as well.

Any help and direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

gsmiro929, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 tablet - child account cannot download apps or games

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried removing the Child account and re-adding it, but I get the same results.

Removing the Child account permanently does not meet my needs -- I need the Child account to be able to install apps.

Is there any troubleshooting steps or logs I could examine to determine why the Get button on this page is disabled?

Peter314159, Jan 22, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone on my child's account is disabled for all apps - Similar Threads - Microphone child's account

2. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  3. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  4. Creating my child an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating my child an account: Ive been trying to create an email for my child. It tells me that a parent needs to log in to do so. So when i try to log in it tells me an adult needs to log in? I AM AN ADULT? Its frustrating ive tried so many times and ive checked my date of birth is correct. Moved...
  5. Cannot disable certain games/apps from child account

Cannot disable certain games/apps from child account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I have 2 school aged 7 and 11 kids that I just bought laptops for so they can do their online homework. - On my 7 year old's account MIKIE-LAPTOP - see screenshot, it shows only 1 device and it shows all the apps that are installed on...
  6. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  7. MineCraft and other Apps missing on my child account

MineCraft and other Apps missing on my child account: Hi: My 10 yr old son uses this laptop. I have set him up with his child account. All the purchases and downloads are not stuck on my account. How do i let him access this. Thank You KS...
  8. My child's account

My child's account: I added my child to my computer so she could sign on for a school activity. she now wants to use her account for minecraft. I am ok with this. When I tried to manage permissions she was not listed as a family member. When I tried to add her it said she had to leave another...
  9. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...
  10. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...