Windows 10: Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

Discus and support Microphone on my Dell PC is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Microphone on my Dell PC is not working. Can anybody help?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ManishkumarAgja, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

Microphone on my Dell PC is not working.

Can anybody help?

:)

ManishkumarAgja, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

1. Microphone on my Dell PC is not working - Similar Threads - Microphone Dell working

2. No microphone is working properly on my PC - my earphones working as a microphone instead? Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No microphone is working properly on my PC - my earphones working as a microphone instead? Why?: Hi, I've tried for a few days to find the cause of this problem. I've watched many videos with guides on how to fix microphone problems like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL2L8ZvPeeU&ab_channel=YourSixStudios or...
  3. Microphone on my Dell pc not working after the windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone on my Dell pc not working after the windows 11 update: After the windows 11 update my microphone on my pc is not be recognized. I restarted and checked for any and all updates.............. any suggestions?...
  4. Microphone on my Dell pc not working after the windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone on my Dell pc not working after the windows 11 update: After the windows 11 update my microphone on my pc is not be recognized. I restarted and checked for any and all updates.............. any suggestions?...
  5. Microphone on my Dell Inspiron is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone on my Dell Inspiron is not working.: Using Zoom for the first time on my new Dell Inspiron whilst I could hear other participants they could not hear me. I have run all checks and troubleshoot programs without success. Sound input troubleshoot reports amongst other things that "Both the Windows Audio and Windows...
  6. My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working: I can't use my mircophone on my Dell Latitude E6530. I can't use it for Zoom calls and it just seem as if the laptop does not have a microphone. I need to be sure....
  7. No microphones work on my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No microphones work on my pc: i have tried four different mics on my computer, i put them in the microphone slot but they all barely pick up my voice, I tried turning the boost up all the way but it didnt help, any help is appreciated. TIA. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  8. Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working: Today I tried to use Zoom for the first time. Unfortunately, the microphone on my computer does not appear to be working. I am not muted. I have used zoom many times on other computers. Zoom is unable to find the internal microphone on the computer. Not sure why. This never...
  9. Settinig up microphone on Dell pc

Settinig up microphone on Dell pc: the connector to my microphone is a USB connector rather than the other kind. Where can I plug it into my Dell 990 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settinig-up-microphone-on-dell-pc/365f44ae-2f2f-4524-b6b5-15bd60faa9c0
  10. Not working microphone in my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not working microphone in my pc: Hey! Actually i just got my gaming pc build andy microphone doesn't seems to work on windows 10 pro I asked the assumbler about it he said the problem must be in the motherboard! And then i called a person from service centre he dint knew what to do . And sometimes when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt my microphone work on dell pc

2. problem with microphone on zoom

3. where is the microphone on my computer dell desk top