Windows 10: Microphone on/off icon removal

Discus and support Microphone on/off icon removal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove the icon that shows up on the screen every time the microphone is turned on and off? Also when volume is truned up and down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmorr8, Feb 27, 2019.

1. jmorr8 Win User

Microphone on/off icon removal

Is there a way to remove the icon that shows up on the screen every time the microphone is turned on and off? Also when volume is truned up and down. Please see circled in red below. Microphone on/off icon removal ecfbdb7a-5cd2-4799-ba12-ec35c3e74350?upload=true.png

:)

jmorr8, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 27, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Microphone on/off icon removal

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Microphone on/off icon removal

1. Microphone on/off icon removal - Similar Threads - Microphone off icon

2. Removing a icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a icon: Hey :I hope someone can help me.I am trying to remove an icon from the window down in the right side of the process bar hidden behinde the arrow going up.I have removed the printer but the icon is still there.How do I remove that icon so it wont comeback when I turn on the pc...
  3. microphone icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone icon: My old computer have microphone icon on the keyboard, i just press it anytime i want to speak than typing. But the new Windows 10 don't have such icon, and don't see on the task bar either. In this case, what should i do if i want to talk rather than tayping?...
  4. Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed

Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed: The pictured icon suddenly appeared on my desktop and is positioned in the top right corner of my desktop. It obscures the close/resize controls of full screen apps. How can I remove or reposition it? [ATTACH]...
  5. How to turn off Chrome microphone icon

in Browsers and Email
    How to turn off Chrome microphone icon: Is there a way of turning off the microphone icon in the Chrome search box (see below). This icon appears even when the microphone is disabled. [img] 163145
  6. microphone icon

microphone icon: I need the microphone icon next to the search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-icon/241561ae-75f6-4f4b-9e0e-31068f49d9e9
  7. microphone icon not displayed

microphone icon not displayed: hi.. I am using widows 10 and latest version of skype. I am not able to see microphone icon in chat so I m not ble to send audio message. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-icon-not-displayed/db2d84aa-e8e7-49d2-9511-d4620236feae
  8. microphone icon in taskbar...how to remove please see sceenshot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone icon in taskbar...how to remove please see sceenshot!: microphone icon in taskbar...how to remove please see sceenshot! see attached [img] 121974
  9. turn off microphone

turn off microphone: My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/turn-off-microphone/e1c01c28-9c0a-4228-a77c-0ba2da514dae
  10. microphone icon

in Windows 10 Support
    microphone icon: Hi all,,I have been trying to get Cortana working again as I had switched it off, but , I want to use it again and I can use the search box to get it but I cannot find the microphone icon to click on to speak to it. Can you help please I think it is supposed to be on the...