Windows 10: Microphone on Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, The problem i have is the people say its hard to hear me when i talk to them on my laptop and it doesn't matter which microphone i'm using and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VDKorious, Jan 21, 2020.

1. VDKorious Win User

Microphone on Windows 10

Hello,
    The problem i have is the people say its hard to hear me when i talk to them on my laptop and it doesn't matter which microphone i'm using and it's the same in every app, the only app where everyone can hear me perfect is Skype and i don't know how to fix it, can someone please help me i've tried everything i can think of or seen on the internet.

:)

VDKorious, Jan 21, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone on Windows 10

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Microphone on Windows 10

1. Microphone on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone

2. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  3. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  4. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  5. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  6. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  7. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  8. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.: I don't really know how long this issue has been going on for since I've only ever tried to use one microphone with my PC. For some reason, only a USB microphone/camera will connect to my PC. Microphones on headsets through the audio jack show up as "Mic in at front panel...
  10. Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.

Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.: I don't really know how long this issue has been going on for since I've only ever tried to use one microphone with my PC. For some reason, only a USB microphone/camera will connect to my PC. Microphones on headsets through the audio jack show up as "Mic in at front panel...