Windows 10: Microphone only detects audio from the computer

Discus and support Microphone only detects audio from the computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I messed around with a voice changer and then later uninstalled it but it changed my microphone settings I guess ex of the situation: playing a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 682, Dec 2, 2019.

1. 682
    682 Win User

Microphone only detects audio from the computer

I messed around with a voice changer and then later uninstalled it but it changed my microphone settings I guess

ex of the situation:
    playing a game with the boys but they cant hear me and the only hear the sounds from the game and not my voice

its pretty confusing why this happened but any help is greatly appreciated

my headset is an Eros E1

i cant find the driver for it

:)

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Microphone only detects audio from the computer [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Microphone only detects audio from the computer

Headset microphone audio not detected

I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone
    shows up in the devices tab and it's the right one (I think?) but it detects no audio. Mic is not muted either. Any help?

ShellyWong, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microphone only detects audio from the computer

1. Microphone only detects audio from the computer - Similar Threads - Microphone detects audio

2. Laptop detects only internel microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop detects only internel microphone: I have been reading many blogs, sites, YT videos tutorial on this problem but none fix mine since 2017, so i'm looking for my solution here.My laptop is ASUS Vivobook X556UQ, i use always use internal microphone but i dont know how to change to external microphone of any...
  3. Laptop detects only internel microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop detects only internel microphone: I have been reading many blogs, sites, YT videos tutorial on this problem but none fix mine since 2017, so i'm looking for my solution here.My laptop is ASUS Vivobook X556UQ, i use always use internal microphone but i dont know how to change to external microphone of any...
  4. Laptop detects only internel microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My microphone detects audio from my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone detects audio from my headphones: I have no idea how to fix it, googled everything , still no answer, no its not "Listen to this device" problem, so please someone help me if they have an idea what could fix it....
  6. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio: I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an...
  7. My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio

My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio: I was trying to do a Discord call with friends on my computer Which has Windows 10, but it wasn't detecting my microphone at all, even though there were no detectable issues regarding that. I opened Audacity to see if it would detect my microphone, but it was instead...
  8. Computer not detecting the microphone

Computer not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have been using a headphone containing one cable only. My mic doesn't work while recording or talking to anyone through skype or messenger. To split the headphone as a mic, I had to purchase a combo jack, but still there is no progress. I have been using...
  9. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...
  10. Audio/Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio/Microphone Not Detected: I have Windows 10. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used to say Turtle Beach Headset but now it only says speakers. Sometimes it will say Headphones, sometimes it would say...