Windows 10: Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

Discus and support Microphone only picks up audio from headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robloxfunny, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

:)

robloxfunny, Nov 21, 2018
  2. sebnev Win User

Microphone picks up headphone audio.

I've had this problem with 2 different types of headsets where the sound coming to my headphones can also be heard through my mic. It's not that the headphones leak the sound since the mic still picks up sound even if I scroll down the headphone audio
    to the lowest with the volume wheel. There has to be some setting in windows 10 or some problem with windows 10 that makes it think the headphone sound is part of the microphone's recorded sound.

sebnev, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Microphone picks up headphone audio.

Hi,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. To help us identify your concerns with your microphone, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for troubleshooting instructions?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.

4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 to know how to reinstall your microphone on your
    PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Arcadian Win User

Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

1. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones? - Similar Threads - Microphone picks audio

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones: Hi, I have an external DAC/amp that connects to my ASUS ZenBook laptop running windows 10 and today a weird phenomenon started happening where the microphone is picking up the audio coming from the headphone. The DAC has two ports one for sound output and one for microphone...
  6. Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones: Hi, I have an external DAC/amp that connects to my ASUS ZenBook laptop running windows 10 and today a weird phenomenon started happening where the microphone is picking up the audio coming from the headphone. The DAC has two ports one for sound output and one for microphone...
  7. Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio

My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio: My microphone seems to be taking the audio output from my headphones and using it as a microphone input. When I am on discord with my friends they can hear everything that happens in my headphones through my microphone and i know it isn't just echoing because i unplugged the...
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Microphone picking up sound from headphones.

Microphone picking up sound from headphones.: I have checked on discord and windows voice recorder. My microphone seems to be picking up sound from games and Youtube. I have tried with different headphones and used a different headphone splitter. So I've narrowed it down to problems with the software. I am using Realtek...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when microphone only picks up pc audio

2. microphone picks up headphone audio

3. microphone picks up sound from headphones