Windows 10: Microphone only working for a split-second

Discus and support Microphone only working for a split-second in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! At the end of last year I built a new PC. I have now realised that for some reason the mic is not working...The microphone is detected, but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kriss Janis Krickis, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Microphone only working for a split-second

Hello! At the end of last year I built a new PC. I have now realised that for some reason the mic is not working...The microphone is detected, but for whatever reason it does not work. When i start the test for audio recoding it works for a split-second in the beginning, but then it stops working. So when I stop the test it says that is picked up a few % points and sometimes more. And after that short moment it stops to pick up anything. It is doing this with multiple headsets. The headsets also work fine in bluetooth mode, the issue is there only when the headsets are wired. And that configur

:)

Kriss Janis Krickis, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Split Second

I wouldn't doubt it's good, I think this game will be on my list of games to get for the new PC later this year.

Games for new machine
    Split Second
    Street Fighter 4 (Super if it ever comes to PC)
    HAWX (Demo was playable on my current machine)
    BattleField Bad Company 2
    COD WAW
    More to come...

New Machine Recommendations

eidairaman1, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Microphone only working for a split-second

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

Microphone only working for a split-second

1. Microphone only working for a split-second - Similar Threads - Microphone working split

2. Microphone only working in browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only working in browser: Hi, i dont really know why, but my microphone only works in chrome and brave browser. No other software or application. Doesn't work on discord, on obs, on zoom, on Skype. Not even in the windows setting appIt's been like this for 3 years now and i tried everything. Checked...
  3. Microphone only working in browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only working in browser: Hi, i dont really know why, but my microphone only works in chrome and brave browser. No other software or application. Doesn't work on discord, on obs, on zoom, on Skype. Not even in the windows setting appIt's been like this for 3 years now and i tried everything. Checked...
  4. Advanced startup options only appears for a split second then automatically boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup options only appears for a split second then automatically boots: I was trying to use advanced startup options but it would only appear for a split second then automatically boot to the login screen. I try spamming f7 to get the option I wanted and it still wouldn't work. It takes a long time for the full boot process. The first part is...
  5. Advanced startup options only appears for a split second then automatically boots

Advanced startup options only appears for a split second then automatically boots: I was trying to use advanced startup options but it would only appear for a split second then automatically boot to the login screen. I try spamming f7 to get the option I wanted and it still wouldn't work. It takes a long time for the full boot process. The first part is...
  6. Advanced startup options only appears for a split second then automatically boots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microphone only working for a split-second

Microphone only working for a split-second: Hello! At the end of last year I built a new PC. I have now realised that for some reason the mic is not working...The microphone is detected, but for whatever reason it does not work. When i start the test for audio recoding it works for a split-second in the beginning, but...
  8. Microphone works but only for 1 split second after changing sound format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works but only for 1 split second after changing sound format: works the same way with different microphones plugged into different jacks. in other words, my microphone never works except for the split second after i change the format "16bit, 48000Hz studio quality", etc this is incredibly annoying as i am entirely unable to talk on...
  9. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  10. pc freeze for a split second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze for a split second: every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-for-a-split-second/bb0ae101-8334-41fb-8cf0-06afa578a5fe