Windows 10: Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

Discus and support Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Kinda hard to explain but any mic I try to use I have to talk directly to the place where people put the ear in, which is nasty. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennethClark9, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

Kinda hard to explain but any mic I try to use I have to talk directly to the place where people put the ear in, which is nasty. Any help?

:)

KennethClark9, Jun 10, 2020

2. Microphone not working Windows 10

Hi Perry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2020
  3. After Win10 Anniversary update the microphone stop working correctly

Since you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, we highly suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below to check and fix the microphone settings in Windows 10:

• Click on Recording Devices.
    • A list of Recording Devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there is any green bars rising next to one another while you talk.
    • If you don't see any green bars, skip to step 5. If you do see green bars when you talk into the microphone, but still doesn't work in some program, then that means that the microphone is correctly configured in Windows, but the program is listening to
      the wrong recording device. Try changing your program's settings.
    • Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.
    • Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do, your microphone is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.
    • Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the
      Levels tab.
    • In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says
    • Click OK.
    • Now check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone, if you do, your mic is now properly configured.
    • If you still don't see any bars, and you're not 100% sure which one of the devices is the relevant one, try following steps 5-10 for every device on the list.
    • If you still don't see any green bars, left-click inside the Recording tab and make sure that
      Show Disabled Devices has a tick next to it. If it doesn't, click on it to tick it.
    • This might add extra devices to the list. Perform steps 5-10 on those devices too, until you see the green bars when talking into the mic.
    • That's it, check if it works. If it doesn't, please try uninstalling your drivers and then letting Windows automatically reinstall them. This has helped many users.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

1. Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes. - Similar Threads - Microphone working talk

2. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  3. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  4. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear: ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack and talk into the headphone but not the micthe mic picks up sound when the headset is connected into it on my phone but on...
  6. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear: ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack and talk into the headphone but not the micthe mic picks up sound when the headset is connected into it on my phone but on...
  7. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

8. Microphone only plays static and I can't talk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only plays static and I can't talk: My audio was working fine for months then one day it randomly changed. The audio is perfect but then when i tried to call my friend, they said they only hear static the entire time. I tested my mic by hearing myself and its true, all i heard was static the entire time. I...
  9. Microphone only plays static and I can't talk

Microphone only plays static and I can't talk: My audio was working fine for months then one day it randomly changed. The audio is perfect but then when i tried to call my friend, they said they only hear static the entire time. I tested my mic by hearing myself and its true, all i heard was static the entire time. I...
  10. Microphone only plays static and I can't talk