Windows 10: Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Discus and support Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reggiezee, Jun 24, 2021.

1. reggiezee Win User

Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the mic broke while I was playing CSGO and answered a Zoom call, did a restart and there was a lot of crackling in the mic. Tested the mic on other devices and it is working fine so I ended up doing a clean install of all the drivers (updated), everything works perfectly fine. However, the issue now is that mic only works on certain programs only. For instance, it works on Discord or Zoom but it doesn't work with anything that is utilizing (Desktop App Web Viewer) Win32WebViewHost. So, anything like Chrome, in game voice chat, whatsapp, the microphone doesn't work. If someone knows anything on how to fix this issue, I would highly appreciate it. Some additional details: OS: Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1052) Drivers: Realtek 6.0.9175.1 (AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3_MB_v6.0.9175.1) - Downloaded from ROG forums Stuff that I have tried: Completely uninstalled drivers along with their registry keys used DriverStoreExplorer to remove the remaining inf Reinstalled all drivers from scratch and still same issue Played with bit rates and sample rates (no luck) All appropriate settings left on (Settings > Privacy > Microphone) Desktop App Web Viewer is also on, tried turning all settings off and restarting and then back on (again no luck) Disabled Exclusive mode and Signal [processing in the advanced sound settings for Microphone Updated and also rolled back the audio drivers from clean wipes and still no luck. PS. I use Voicemeeter but I have tested it with and without but same issue. Literally pulling my hair as I can't figure out what could be the causing the issue. Peace Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer :)

:)

reggiezee, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 24, 2021
  3. All microphones stopped working

Hi Rick,

This issue may happen due to several reasons such as hardware incompatibility or out-of-date drivers. To isolate this better, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this start happening?
    • Does the microphone work with other apps?
    • Have you tried accessing Skype using another computer with a microphone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Regards.

Katrina Men, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Microphone not working with my desktop

Hi Matt,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: to determine whether the issue is related to microphone, I suggest you to connect the microphone to different computer and also connect the different microphone to your computer, check whether the issue persist
    or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

1. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer - Similar Threads - Microphone working programs

2. Microphone not working in desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in desktop apps: Hi!I have been facing problems with my microphone. It is working well while recording, testing in all UWP apps installed from Microsoft store. But it is not working in any of my browsers including Edge. I have tried Opera, Brave, Chrome. None of them are working with my mic...
  3. Microphone isn't working on SOME desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone isn't working on SOME desktop apps: Hi, I regularly use Canva and Loom for screen recording/video presentations. I don't use a headset, so it's just me and my laptop. I tried to record yesterday and unfortunately, I couldn't hear the recording. If I max the volume, I would hear a faint, static sound. Here's the...
  4. Microphone isn't working on SOME desktop apps

Microphone isn't working on SOME desktop apps: Hi, I regularly use Canva and Loom for screen recording/video presentations. I don't use a headset, so it's just me and my laptop. I tried to record yesterday and unfortunately, I couldn't hear the recording. If I max the volume, I would hear a faint, static sound. Here's the...
  5. Microphone isn't working on SOME desktop apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microphone not working on desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working on desktop apps: I have a lenovo ideapad330-15lkb 81DE running windows 10 enterprise x64 and am having problems with the microphone on desktop applications.My problem is mostly with discord, telegram, and microsoft edge which are the applications I usually need my microphone for. When trying...
  7. Microphone not working on desktop apps

Microphone not working on desktop apps: I have a lenovo ideapad330-15lkb 81DE running windows 10 enterprise x64 and am having problems with the microphone on desktop applications.My problem is mostly with discord, telegram, and microsoft edge which are the applications I usually need my microphone for. When trying...
  8. My microphone only working in web apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone only working in web apps: Hi,so I have a long-lasting issue with my microphone, it seems to only work in web applications, for example, when I want to use Discord, I have to use it through the web application, since the desktop application doesn’t pick up my microphone as well as other desktop apps,...
  9. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer: Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the...
  10. Microphone only works well with some programs. Windows 10

Microphone only works well with some programs. Windows 10: When im using the microphone on my headphones for zoom it picks up my voice fine but some other software like discord or most voice chat in games doesnt work as well. They still register that im talking its just extremely quiet to those on the other end. I dont think its a...