Windows 10: Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

Discus and support Microphone only works when Cortona is listening? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, one day, my microphone just stopped working. It worked fine for about 6 months and just now started to fail. No audio recording or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

For some reason, one day, my microphone just stopped working. It worked fine for about 6 months and just now started to fail. No audio recording or microphone tests can hear it. However, I have discovered that the microphone DOES work whenever cortana is listening. All backround Mic tests can hear it, cortana can hear it, but when she turns off again, It doesn't work! Any help for making the mic work full-time again?

submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UserOfRedditName, Aug 16, 2020

2. Cortona not working Australia

Hi Everyone,

I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633.

I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian.

Speech language set to United Kingdom, or United States, it does not matter, it still won't work.

Location is set to on, as is microphone for Cortona and Edge.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Cheers

Rob

kenrob2037, Aug 16, 2020
  3. cortona not working

i have tried all the methods listed above win 10 is completely updated and not have any issues.

microphone works with every other feature except cortona. i tried setting up mic for windows voice recognition and it is working properly.

the thing is the layer outside of the desktop(something new in win 10) which has different mic setup is not getting input from mic.

it says windows is not not hearing you even though the bars in different program shows moving.

it the software problem i am eager to experience cortona fix expected

sanket parekh, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

cortona not working

when I first installed win 10 it was working properly but from next day its not responding or taking any voice input when I try to teach it takes perfect input but it never takes any thing when I say hey cortona or press the microphone button. I try refreshing
    windows but nothing. ther was a prompt once that my microphone is not designed for cortona and I missed to read that what it was exactly.

sanket parekh, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

1. Microphone only works when Cortona is listening? - Similar Threads - Microphone works Cortona

2. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  3. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  4. Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“: I have recently got an issue that the microphone, on any headsets I have tried multiple only works when the application Sound settings is on see picture. The program can also not be minimised into the background since it pauses the program. I am trying to follow this...
  5. Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“

Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“: I have recently got an issue that the microphone, on any headsets I have tried multiple only works when the application Sound settings is on see picture. The program can also not be minimised into the background since it pauses the program. I am trying to follow this...
  6. Microphone not working, only works on listen in properties and windows settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working, only works on listen in properties and windows settings.: Hi, I have just bought a new XLR condenser microphone and phantom power supply, and recently hooked everything up. I plugged the XLR cord into the microphone, and the other end into the power supply. I plugged the power plug for the supply in, and connected it to my computer...
  7. My microphone is only picked up when "listen to this device" is selected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone is only picked up when "listen to this device" is selected.: Hello, I was wondering why my microphone only works properly when "listen to this device is selected? The volume level is also really low. I'm using the microphone jack on my PDP Xbox One controller, but the issue persists even using the front panel audio jack. submitted by...
  8. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else: My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on: I have a microphone, Razer Seiren X, which has worked fine until now isn't such a good mic, but it works. Yesterday it was just fine but today it doesn't work...
  9. Cortona not working Australia

Cortona not working Australia: Hi Everyone, I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633. I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian. Speech...
  10. Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone: Hello ten forums I've been having this issue for over 2 years now. So I originally had a a-10 7870k and a msi a68-hm e-33 motherboard with ballistic ram and a r7-370x graphics card. I had windows 10 installed on that machine and was experiencing the same BSOD I am now. I...