Windows 10: Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.

Discus and support Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using an Asus laptop, and I'm pretty sure I fucked up something, because the mic isn't working - except the voice recorder, the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dragonsnap_, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.

Hello,

I'm using an Asus laptop, and I'm pretty sure I fucked up something, because the mic isn't working - except the voice recorder, the Windows 10 app. I tried everything - updating drivers, enabling/re-enabling from devmgmt, but I know for a fact that the mic isn't a problem, since it works fine when I run voice recorder. It stalls for a while before starting to record, but I can see the bars move up and down on the Audio settings page, and I can hear it back fine.

I'm not sure what to do, I've fiddled with the Realtek Preferences Panel, but it's been a dud.

submitted by /u/dragonsnap_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dragonsnap_, Jan 19, 2021
  2. cachenco Win User

voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone

cachenco, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Windows voice recorder app built-in microphone issues

Hello Carla,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you referring to Windows voice recorder app?

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. In the Search option of the taskbar type “Microphone privacy settings” without quotes and press enter.

2. In the right side, make sure “Let apps use my microphone” slider is
    on
    state.

3. Also make sure Windows voice recorder app is turned on in the “Choose apps that can use your microphone” section.

4. Now restart the Windows voice recorder app and check.

You may also follow the below steps and check.

1. In the Search option of the taskbar type “sound” without quotes and press enter.

2. Click on the recording tab, Select the “Microphone” and click on Set as default.

3. If you don’t see the microphone listed, Right click on the blank/empty space inside the recording tab.

4. Make sure “show disabled and disconnected devices” are tick marked.

5. Follow the step 2.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 19, 2021
  4. tomyfr Win User

Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.

My microphones don't record my voice as loud as I speak

Hello all,

To create a video tut I needed a screen capture app and a microphone to record my voice at the same time. I barely could find a headset and attached the microphone cable to the Windows 10 x64 machine. I think I've installed the microphone properly because Google can recognise the words I say when speaking, correctly.

The problem is that the microphone doesn't record my voice as loud as I speak and after sending the video tut, the viewers must increase volume to the top to hear me, which is very embarrassing.

I worked on the Sound -> Microphone menu settings and tried much to fix the issue so that my voice is normally audible afterwards:

Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else. [​IMG]

But no acceptable success yet, unfortunately.

One thing: When I increase the Microphone volume on the Level tab to 100, the microphone records the voice loudly but there is an annoying matter with that! It adds too much background noise. *Sad

I borrowed an HP Laptop model 250 G1 to test its built-in microphone. But uninterestingly, this shows the same problem as explained above as well! *Sad

I don't know what else to do with the microphones. I don't know if there is a specific video recorder app I must use instead or not, either! *Sad

What would you do if you were me, please?
    When I see videos on YouTube, the sound of the speaker is quite fine. I, too, would like to record my videos this way.

Thank you for your time.

tomyfr, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else.

1. Microphone only works with Voice Recorder; Nowhere else. - Similar Threads - Microphone works Voice

2. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  3. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  4. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone is not recording anything but voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording anything but voice.: Since the latest Windows updates, my computer refuses to record anything except voice: guitar, clicks right next to the microphone, claps, anything. I have tried uninistalling updates, installing more recent ones, but nothing has helped. Earlier today I recorded a track with...
  6. Microphone is not recording anything but voice.

Microphone is not recording anything but voice.: Since the latest Windows updates, my computer refuses to record anything except voice: guitar, clicks right next to the microphone, claps, anything. I have tried uninistalling updates, installing more recent ones, but nothing has helped. Earlier today I recorded a track with...
  7. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  8. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  9. Microphone is not recording voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not recording voice: I have a problem with headphones. Yesterday my PC froze and I had to perform hard shutdown. The next day I was trying to speak with my friends through Discord but the mic stopped hearing my voice. Instead it started recording PC sound. Can you help me?...
  10. voice recorder microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860