Windows 10: microphone or audio problem

Discus and support microphone or audio problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever i call someone, may it be thu fb or discord or whatever, and i play a song or movie, the person i am talking to also hears what i hear. its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonPLL, Feb 5, 2021.

1. DonPLL Win User

microphone or audio problem

whenever i call someone, may it be thu fb or discord or whatever, and i play a song or movie, the person i am talking to also hears what i hear. its like my computer automatically shared what i'm listening to to whoever im calling. how can i stop this?

:)

DonPLL, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Farvatten Win User

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

microphone or audio problem [​IMG]

Farvatten, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 5, 2021
  4. microphone or audio problem

Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

microphone or audio problem

1. microphone or audio problem - Similar Threads - microphone audio problem

2. Realtek Audio Driver Microphone Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver Microphone Problems: I don't know what happened, but I uninstalled realtek audio driver to free up space, but I didn't know it would destroy my microphone's output and input. I just reinstalled realtek audio driver, but I only have the sound of my audio Output, for example I can listen to videos,...
  3. Realtek Audio Driver Microphone Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver Microphone Problems: I don't know what happened, but I uninstalled realtek audio driver to free up space, but I didn't know it would destroy my microphone's output and input. I just reinstalled realtek audio driver, but I only have the sound of my audio Output, for example I can listen to videos,...
  4. Realtek Audio Driver Microphone Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems: When I booted up my pc, there's no audio. Realtek Drivers were missing in device manager as well. I also noticed that when I shut down my pc, my fans are still spinning until I press and hold my power button. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  6. Microphone audio input problem

Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  7. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  8. Problems with audio leaking into my microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with audio leaking into my microphone: Hello, i have a problem with my headset microphone. It leaks audio that i play from my computer into discord and other voicechat services. I know for sure it's not my headsets fault because I used this headset on another device and it works just fine there. I really think...
  9. No Audio Driver / Microphone Problems

No Audio Driver / Microphone Problems: Hello, For the past few months, I've been using my laptop and different headsets to join Xbox Parties and had no problems at all. However, the other day, my friends pointed out that my microphone has a persistent buzzing sound and a slight echo. Naturally, I changed the...
  10. Microphone problem with Realtek Audio Console

Microphone problem with Realtek Audio Console: I have to mute my Realtek microphone, otherwise my computer makes a loud noise when I close my laptop and it also makes a loud noise when I try to talk on Skype....