Windows 10: Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly

Discus and support Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay I know this is a million years old question, pardon and bear with me please. My brother's quite old lappy, Acer Aspire F15 is having a microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zyv2, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Zyv2 Win User

Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly

Okay I know this is a million years old question, pardon and bear with me please. My brother's quite old lappy, Acer Aspire F15 is having a microphone issue. I noticed the microphone driver was missing and Windows does not automatically install it back don't know what was the cause either. So I searched online for the audio driver kit, installed it and 'Microphone Realtek High Definition Audio' driver is listed in the Device Manager under 'Audio inputs and outputs' category now. But the microphone is still not working, all the output he gets is TV static noise if you don't know how it sounds like, look up youtube and the microphone is not receiving any voice input.

Done pretty much all the steps we can, checked microphone permissions, checked and installed all system and driver updates, etc etc... Not sure what else we can do now, live support is offline too because it's weekend. Any help?

p.s. His lappy is on Windows 10, latest version 20H2, everything is up to date.

:)

Zyv2, Jan 9, 2021
  2. GuiM1# Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Noise suppression not working, background static noise

Hi, she has all drivers up-to-date, she tried the first method and nothing changed, she doesn't have a headset with a microphone, she is using the PC's built in microphone. i tried to listen to her with a different headset and the background static noise
    is still there. I cant find the realtek HD audio manager files, to uninstall them or update them to see if she gets the same version as i have, because i suspect that the realtek HD audio manager "noise suppression" option is not working properly...

well, she doesn't have to use this manager to get to that option, because the "noise suppression option" can be found in "recording devices" > Microphone properties > enhancements tab

so i think either the mic is faulty and she needs to use the warranty or something is wrong with her windows 10 "noise suppression option"

even if she mutes skype i can still faintly hear that static noise on the background.

This is my Realtek HD Audio Manager,

Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly 822c8fc3-c42f-4512-a786-a7b909a050eb.png

GuiM1#, Jan 9, 2021
  3. victorf2 Win User
    Headset making static noise

I just got a pc build and connected a xbox fusion pro controller. I plug a razer kraken headset to controller and party members hear static noise. I can hear them but my microphone doesnt work either. How can i fix the static noise and microphone to work?

victorf2, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Rick4892 Win User

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly - Similar Threads - Microphone outputs static

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  6. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  7. Static Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  8. Weird static noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  9. Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise: Hello All. Recently I had built my own PC for gaming. I have my Astro A10 headset from my console to use. I had plugged the headset to the front headset jack and that works fine. The headset comes with only one 3.5mm jack, so I had to purchase a splitter. After plugging in...
  10. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...