Windows 10: Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps

Discus and support Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, Under privacy Settings->Microphone you can adjusts which Microsoft Store apps can access your mic. Lower on said page it tells you which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by N'Hos Neruh, May 10, 2020.

1. Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps

Hello there,

Under privacy Settings->Microphone you can adjusts which Microsoft Store apps can access your mic. Lower on said page it tells you which desktop apps use your microphone and allows you to activate or deactivate it generally. However i don't see any way to manage Microphone Permissions for individual desktop apps here, nor under security properties of individual apps. As i couldn't gather any useful information online i wonder if i might be blind.

Could you please tell me if there is a way for this?

:)

N'Hos Neruh, May 10, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

Hi lanex,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Desktop apps are a specific type of app that won’t ask for permission to access data associated with privacy settings in Windows 10 in the same way that a Microsoft Store app does. Some desktop apps may not even ask
    for permission to get access to personal data stored on your device. Desktop apps also won’t appear in the list of apps in the privacy settings pages that allows you to choose which apps can use data associated with that privacy setting. For more info,
    refer to Windows 10 desktop apps and privacy

Ideally, any privacy setting that is to be set-up should be done within the app.
    On ScreenRec, the microphone is selected by default to allow you to add audio narration. I would suggest you to look for a setting within the app that could help you tweak the recording settings. You may want to refer to the article
    Record Your Computer Screen And Audio (For Free) for the same.

For further help, I would suggest you to get in touch with the app publisher.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 10, 2020
  3. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

1. Open the settings app
    2. Go to Privacy - Microphone.
    3. On the right, disable the toggle switch under Allows apps to access your microphone. When access is allowed for the operating system as described above, all apps get access permissions by default.
      4. In the list below, you can control microphone access for certain apps individually. Every listed app has its own toggle option which you can enable or disable.

Sanghati Barman, May 10, 2020
  4. Perter Win User

Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps

USB Microphone Permissions for desktop applications

We are having trouble getting an application to work on new Win 10 machines. This worked for many years and suddenly won't. It seems like a permissions issue but we have not found a way to add permissions for this device.
    I'm wondering if there was a recent change blocking this device.

It has a USB microphone, which shows up fine in device manager using its driver. It is used for measuring acoustics, not as a recording device like most microphones for speech capture.

The microphone talks to a desktop application (through a Windows Service). On existing machines, we can see it under Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Allow desktop apps to access your microphone. The application shows up here as a desktop application allowed
    for use.

On new Win 10 installs it will not show up here and we can not find a way in to add it to allow the desktop app permission to this USB microphone.

Note that this microphone will not show up as a 'recording device' through Sound Settings so we can not configure it through there either.

Perter, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps

1. Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps - Similar Threads - Microphone Permission Control

2. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  3. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  4. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from microphone in specific apps: Hello, i have problems with using my microphone in specific programs. I see the mic as active and working in windows settings and i can use it within discord. However I cant use it with webex or chrome with correct mic settings. I checked microphone privacy settings, I have...
  5. No sound from microphone in specific apps

No sound from microphone in specific apps: Hello, i have problems with using my microphone in specific programs. I see the mic as active and working in windows settings and i can use it within discord. However I cant use it with webex or chrome with correct mic settings. I checked microphone privacy settings, I have...
  6. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  8. specific app access to camera and microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    specific app access to camera and microphone: Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if tis app has access?...
  9. USB Microphone Permissions for desktop applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB Microphone Permissions for desktop applications: We are having trouble getting an application to work on new Win 10 machines. This worked for many years and suddenly won't. It seems like a permissions issue but we have not found a way to add permissions for this device. I'm wondering if there was a recent change blocking...
  10. App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec): <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aspplication to control individual apps from microphone