Windows 10: Microphone Permission

Discus and support Microphone Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to allow microphone for my Fb Messenger??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Haseeb Ahmed.Z, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Microphone Permission

How to allow microphone for my Fb Messenger??

:)

Haseeb Ahmed.Z, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    microphone permission

Hi Jean,

What browser are you using? You'll also need to give permission to the website on your browser for it to use the microphone. For now, please make sure that your microphones are working properly. Here's how:

• Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar and select Recording Devices.

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone Permission

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Permission

1. Microphone Permission - Similar Threads - Microphone Permission

2. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  3. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  4. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  5. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  6. Windows 11 Microphone Permission Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microphone Permission Issues: I recently got windows 11 on my computer and my microphone disconnect whenever I use a communication app discord and try to play an online game with team chat. I have tried everything other post have recommended reconnecting, uninstalling drives, allowing it to connect to an...
  7. Windows 11 Microphone Permission Issues

Windows 11 Microphone Permission Issues: I recently got windows 11 on my computer and my microphone disconnect whenever I use a communication app discord and try to play an online game with team chat. I have tried everything other post have recommended reconnecting, uninstalling drives, allowing it to connect to an...
  8. Microphone Permissions not being recognized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Permissions not being recognized?: Hello,A few days ago my computer stopped recognizing my permission for apps and websites to use my microphone headset. The audio is working perfectly, and I can hear through my headset as normal, however, when I attempt to join a video call or other website/app that requires...
  9. Microphone Permissions not being recognized?

Microphone Permissions not being recognized?: Hello,A few days ago my computer stopped recognizing my permission for apps and websites to use my microphone headset. The audio is working perfectly, and I can hear through my headset as normal, however, when I attempt to join a video call or other website/app that requires...
  10. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.: Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows microphone permission