Windows 10: Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected

Discus and support Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, whenever I call my friends on discord or use an in-game voice chat or record something using software my computer always picks up the audio playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CormacColman, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected

So, whenever I call my friends on discord or use an in-game voice chat or record something using software my computer always picks up the audio playing through my headphones and then it goes on the recording or through to the other people I'm talking with. This is really annoying, does anybody know a solution to this?

:)

CormacColman, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Apr 7, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected :p

cadaveca, Apr 7, 2022
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected

Headset/Mic is plugged in and registered by the computer, but no sound is being picked up by the microphone.

Hi,

Since you have done some troubleshooting steps to get your microphone working on your headset, we suggest that you remove all the speakers connected to your computer. Then try again using your microphone, put it on the front panel to figure out if it's going
    to work. We'd also like to know if you have tried using another device with a microphone to isolate the issue.

Do update us if it does make any difference.

Kind regards.

Julie Ram, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected

1. Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected - Similar Threads - Microphone picking speaker

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up speaker sound even though I have a headset connected: So, whenever I call my friends on discord or use an in-game voice chat or record something using software my computer always picks up the audio playing through my headphones and then it goes on the recording or through to the other people I'm talking with. This is really...
  4. My microphone picks up no sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  5. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  6. why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset

why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset: I use bluetooth on windows 10 the problem is in the sound, even though the bluetooth has been connected to the headset, the sound is still on my laptop speaker. I looked at YouTube to find a solution, but the same was not detected by the laptop, this is the first time I asked...
  7. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. microphone errors? reverberation in speakers due to microphone picking up all sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone errors? reverberation in speakers due to microphone picking up all sounds: Please repair this problem...How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-errors-reverberation-in-speakers-due-to/94e8aed5-c571-4589-8945-5b8dc877322b