Windows 10: Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

Discus and support Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: I'm trying to talk to my friends using a voice chat app on my pc but it just plays stuff from the game i'm playing or video i'm watching, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sayalex3, Sep 16, 2020.

1. sayalex3 Win User

Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

Problem:

I'm trying to talk to my friends using a voice chat app on my pc but it just plays stuff from the game i'm playing or video i'm watching, not my voice.

Notes:

New headset https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3106293

Headset has one pin for both microphone and audio

PC requires separate pins for both microphone and audio

For that reason I've bought an audio splitter

dont know what else to put

:)

sayalex3, Sep 16, 2020

2. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Microphone does not pick up voice

My headset microphone is completely functional; however, my PC cannot pick up my voice. If I blow loudly in the microphone, the green bar on the sound control panel will light up but not when I talk normally. My drivers are fully updated and my microphone
    levels are maxed out.

UnedibleBacon, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

Microphone picks up headphone audio.

Hi,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. To help us identify your concerns with your microphone, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for troubleshooting instructions?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.

4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 to know how to reinstall your microphone on your
    PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

1. Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice. - Similar Threads - Microphone picks audio

2. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I have Windows 11 and my microphone pick up my audio ; I tried the following : -Press Windows key + X-Go to Settings-Click Update and Security-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.-Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter.-Press Windows key + X-Go to Device...
  3. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  4. Microphone not picking up my voice

Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  5. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  7. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  8. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  9. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  10. Microphone is picking up my PC audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is picking up my PC audio.: I have an Asus motherboard with amd and realtek audio manager. I went threw countless fixes, but nothing worked. The Mic doesnt display any sounds in the sound control panel, yet it still picks up the audio. All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems found by...