Windows 10: Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!

Discus and support Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrPenguin14 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrPenguin14, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!

/u/MrPenguin14, Jun 7, 2020
  2. jamos316 Win User

muting microphone

i am still having the same problem with the microphone reverting to a muted state after restart.
    the thing is there are 2 microphone drivers (for some reason),when i unmute the muted mic driver i can make a sound and i see that it is recognized but not by the driver i just unmuted.

Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated! [​IMG]

jamos316, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 7, 2020
  4. mahahual Win User

Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated!

1. Microphone picks up PC audio even when muted / Anybody help? would be appreciated! - Similar Threads - Microphone picks audio

2. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I have Windows 11 and my microphone pick up my audio ; I tried the following : -Press Windows key + X-Go to Settings-Click Update and Security-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.-Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter.-Press Windows key + X-Go to Device...
  3. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I have Windows 11 and my microphone pick up my audio ; I tried the following : -Press Windows key + X-Go to Settings-Click Update and Security-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.-Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter.-Press Windows key + X-Go to Device...
  4. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc youtube ,spotify , etc. I have already tried a lot of things.i tried troubleshooting but didn't help .i disabled all apps that were...
  5. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc youtube ,spotify , etc. I have already tried a lot of things.i tried troubleshooting but didn't help .i disabled all apps that were...
  6. my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.: when I am watching a video or playing a game my mic on my headset picks up small sounds from all media that I play I already tried Updating/Rollbacking DriversMuting other input microphones like stereo mixMuting other output devices...
  7. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  8. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  9. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..: I am using a Lenovo legion Y740 and I have been scratching my head for months now trying to figure out how to fix my audio issue can't find any solution to my problem. I tried everything I already know.. I tried changing removing my mic, my audio driver neither didn't work.....