Windows 10: microphone playback broken

Discus and support microphone playback broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a blue yeti nano, and out of the box it worked fine. The issue I am now having is the playback where I can hear a preview of audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by orangealex, Sep 4, 2020.

1. microphone playback broken

I recently purchased a blue yeti nano, and out of the box it worked fine. The issue I am now having is the playback where I can hear a preview of audio the mic is picking up no longer occurs. The most common solution is to turn off the "listen" setting from the recording tab of the sound control panel and go to playback, select your audio output, which for me is the "speakers yeti nano", go to the levels tab and unmute the microphone slider. The issue is I have no microphone slider, only the speakers one. I have updated windows, restarted my pc, and looked for anything from the blue yeti software you can download, but nothing helped.

:)

orangealex, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

microphone playback broken 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Microphone is broken.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

We apologize for the delay in response.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

What is the make and model of your computer and microphone?

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio
      troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the sound drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your audio/sound devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Sep 4, 2020
  4. mab1376 Win User

microphone playback broken

Broken Microphone

My ibuypower laptop has a broken internal microphone, does anyone know where I can get another one?

It's basically a re-branded Compal IFL90.

mab1376, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

microphone playback broken

1. microphone playback broken - Similar Threads - microphone playback broken

2. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone broken: I have recently had an issue with my microphone. I play a lot of fortnite and I have wanted to use online chat but my microphone only works if it is close to my mouth and then it is still quiet. I have tried troubleshooting my microphone but it says it could not fix it. It...
  3. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone broken: I have recently had an issue with my microphone. I play a lot of fortnite and I have wanted to use online chat but my microphone only works if it is close to my mouth and then it is still quiet. I have tried troubleshooting my microphone but it says it could not fix it. It...
  4. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone playback issues: I've been having issues with my Microphone off and on for months. When I'm using Google Chrome it works fine no problem however if I use ANYTHING else be it a game or recording it stops working all together. Recently I tried disabling the enhancements and it started working...
  6. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone playback issues: I've been having issues with my Microphone off and on for months. When I'm using Google Chrome it works fine no problem however if I use ANYTHING else be it a game or recording it stops working all together. Recently I tried disabling the enhancements and it started working...
  7. Built in Microphone playback issues

8. Microphone playback delay

Microphone playback delay: Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the steps to listen to the microphone, but there's a pretty noticeable delay in the audio. How do I fix the delay? There's also...
  9. Microphone Playback

Microphone Playback: Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for example on the plain desktop, I cannot hear it. Going through sound properties and checking "listen to this device" only...
  10. Microphone playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone playback: After the most recent windows update my microphone playback is stuck to always on. How would I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-playback/e02e0458-aeaf-447d-bf8c-f4f5b2510085