Windows 10: Microphone playback delay

Discus and support Microphone playback delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Devany.Porter, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Microphone playback delay

Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the steps to listen to the microphone, but there's a pretty noticeable delay in the audio. How do I fix the delay? There's also no "levels" for the device I'm listening to it on. Gaming Headset

:)

Devany.Porter, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Jess Bor Win User

Microphone delay

Hi Alarask,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. Follow these steps in order to remedy the issue:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Type in Sound.
    3. Select Recording tab.
    4. Select Microphone.
    5. Click on Properties button.
    6. Select Listen tab.
    7. Uncheck Listen to this device.
    8. Hit OK and go to Playback tab.
    9. Select your playback device and use Properties button.
    10. Select the Levels tab and unmute the microphone.

If those steps didn't fix it, try to unpair the connection and pair it again.

If issue is still there, you may try to update the driver with the use of the steps in this link.

Please reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Microphone playback delay 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Alarask Win User

Microphone playback delay

Microphone delay

i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the microphone properties. But, when i am just sitting in Sound properties looking at my recording devices there is
    no delay. Does anyone have any solutions other then just to keep the sound settings open?

Alarask, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Microphone playback delay

1. Microphone playback delay - Similar Threads - Microphone playback delay

2. Video playback delays due to Sound Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video playback delays due to Sound Driver: Hello All,I am having issues with my video playback, in that it constantly loading/paused for a couple of seconds before playing.For example, when streaming a video on youtube, the video will load but not start until at least a couple of seconds, whereas before it started...
  3. Delayed video playback on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed video playback on Windows 11: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 yesterday, absolutely love it and didn't encounter any bugs yet; except this, on YouTube, I realized that the audio is fine, but the video is a bit behind/delayed. I checked on other video sharing sites, same problem. Did a restart hoping...
  4. Delayed video playback on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed video playback on Windows 11: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 yesterday, absolutely love it and didn't encounter any bugs yet; except this, on YouTube, I realized that the audio is fine, but the video is a bit behind/delayed. I checked on other video sharing sites, same problem. Did a restart hoping...
  5. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in Microphone playback issues: I've been having issues with my Microphone off and on for months. When I'm using Google Chrome it works fine no problem however if I use ANYTHING else be it a game or recording it stops working all together. Recently I tried disabling the enhancements and it started working...
  6. microphone playback broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone playback broken: I recently purchased a blue yeti nano, and out of the box it worked fine. The issue I am now having is the playback where I can hear a preview of audio the mic is picking up no longer occurs. The most common solution is to turn off the "listen" setting from the recording tab...
  7. Microphone Playback

Microphone Playback: Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for example on the plain desktop, I cannot hear it. Going through sound properties and checking "listen to this device" only...
  8. Audio playback delay

Audio playback delay: Hello, Some time ago i have bought external dac for my pc, schiit modi. 3, connected it to my pc and there were no sound, after 2-3mins it apeared, and sometimes it doesnt eve start to play, have to replug. But the delay in audio switching persists. Have tried every...
  9. Microphone playback

Microphone playback: After the most recent windows update my microphone playback is stuck to always on. How would I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-playback/e02e0458-aeaf-447d-bf8c-f4f5b2510085
  10. Microphone delay

Microphone delay: i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the microphone properties. But, when i am just sitting in Sound properties looking at my recording devices there is no delay. Does anyone...