Windows 10: Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open

Discus and support Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm at a loss, after searching for a solution but coming up empty. I'm currently having issues with my headset/mic always being on and in playback mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pseudoban, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open

I'm at a loss, after searching for a solution but coming up empty. I'm currently having issues with my headset/mic always being on and in playback mode when CS:GO is open. Using Sennheiser HD 4.40 bt headset with a built in mic. On my task bar a mic icon pops up saying "Counter-Strike Global Offensive is using your microphone". Immediately when the game is opened even in main menu it's just always open mic. (my settings in game is push to talk)

The only temp solution I've found is to turn my mic off in the microphone settings labeled"Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" which just makes my mic unusable in game. I don't believe this is an issue with the game but rather an issue with some setting in windows 10. In game I have my mic set to push to talk, so it shouldn't even be on until i hit the mic key but alas it's always on and in playback mode.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know. As I'm at a complete loss and have tried everything that i could possibly think of and some suggestions I found online. But cant seem to find anyone that has had similar issues unless I'm just terrible at google searching this issue. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Pseudoban
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pseudoban, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open

1. Microphone playback issues when CS:GO is open - Similar Threads - Microphone playback issues

2. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone playback issues: I've been having issues with my Microphone off and on for months. When I'm using Google Chrome it works fine no problem however if I use ANYTHING else be it a game or recording it stops working all together. Recently I tried disabling the enhancements and it started working...
  3. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone playback issues: I've been having issues with my Microphone off and on for months. When I'm using Google Chrome it works fine no problem however if I use ANYTHING else be it a game or recording it stops working all together. Recently I tried disabling the enhancements and it started working...
  4. Built in Microphone playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CS GO FPS low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS GO FPS low?: I have a Msi rtx 2070 super ventus / ryzen 5 3600 and the game is installed on a Kingston SSD but still I have about 140 fps in cs:Go although others have double that with the same graka. I found a video that plays the game and the person has the same GPU / CPU. And it has...
  6. Microphone Playback

Microphone Playback: Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for example on the plain desktop, I cannot hear it. Going through sound properties and checking "listen to this device" only...
  7. Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO: Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO randomly at times either right when I start, during a match or when I try to close the game CS GO will crash and restart my...
  8. Microphone playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone playback: After the most recent windows update my microphone playback is stuck to always on. How would I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-playback/e02e0458-aeaf-447d-bf8c-f4f5b2510085
  9. Microphone Playback Issue Windows 10

Microphone Playback Issue Windows 10: After running an application that messed with my microphone settings, all audio from my microphone only comes out on the right side, after looking online and browing through the audio settings, I can't find anything even related to this issue, is there anyway to fix this, or...
  10. BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it: So, this is really my first time writing ANY topic online. But here goes, I bought a gaming laptop, an MSI gt72vr 7re Dominator Pro,I have had for one year, you can check online for specs and stuff, im playing quite a lot of games, from online to offline and never really...