Windows 10: Microphone Playback

Discus and support Microphone Playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GameRobber, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Microphone Playback

Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for example on the plain desktop, I cannot hear it. Going through sound properties and checking "listen to this device" only creates an echo effect where I can hear myself twice. I have become very frustrated finding any help for this beyond "listen to this device." Any help on the matter would be appreciated greatly.

:)

GameRobber, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Microphone Playback 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Microphone

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below:

1, Try to run the Apps troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly in the link below:

Please try the following procedures:

1. Check your Microphone settings:

Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop and click Playback devices.

In the Playback tab, ensure there’s a green tick on Microphone. This indicates that your Microphone is the default playback device.

2, If the step above didn't work, I suggest to Uninstall your audio and speaker and Mic drivers.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to invoke the quick-access menu, then Click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers,

right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.

Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. If these steps didn't fix the issue, I suggest to Up Date the driver from the manufacture web site.

Also, You can try the following procedures in the links below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone Playback

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Playback

1. Microphone Playback - Similar Threads - Microphone Playback

2. A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone: I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Artic Steel 9x. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphones and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music streaming...
  3. A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone: I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Artic Steel 9x. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphones and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music streaming...
  4. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  5. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  6. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone playback, how to adjust volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone playback, how to adjust volume?: Hey, I am on Windows 11. I setup my microphone to hear myself. And I can hear myself fine.My issue is where do I adjust the the volume of the playback? There used to be an option on "Open Volume Mixer", but it's no longer there....
  8. Microphone playback, how to adjust volume?

Microphone playback, how to adjust volume?: Hey, I am on Windows 11. I setup my microphone to hear myself. And I can hear myself fine.My issue is where do I adjust the the volume of the playback? There used to be an option on "Open Volume Mixer", but it's no longer there....
  9. How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?

How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?: Hello,I recently purchased a decent XLR microphone and want to be able to hear myself when I speak, but my headphones don't have an Aux port to connect an Aux to XLR cable to my audio interface.So to save money/time, I tried using Window 10's built in "Listen to This Device"...
  10. How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?: Hello,I recently purchased a decent XLR microphone and want to be able to hear myself when I speak, but my headphones don't have an Aux port to connect an Aux to XLR cable to my audio interface.So to save money/time, I tried using Window 10's built in "Listen to This Device"...