Windows 10: Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Discus and support Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremyNichols4078, May 12, 2019.

1. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it is. I use a splitter that goes through 2 jacks for mic and headphones respectively and this is where I'm confused. Although it says it's in, if I have it loosely placed in the jack it detects the device, yet the mic still wont work (there's just static). When it is fully in, it is not detected and when taken out it isn't detected. I use Realtek HD Audio with all drivers updated. I've spent a few hours trying to fix this with a variety of methods: restarting the PC, activating the windows troubleshoot which told me the device wasn't plugged in, messing with the jack for a while, making sure all drivers were up to date, recording my voice on serveral platforms, making sure it wasn't disabled/muted, browsing google and youtube for any answers and a few other things. Nothing has worked so far. Personally, I assume the problem is not anything to do with windows or any settings, but instead the jack itself. I've recently had the jack fixed after breaking some solder inside and recently I've had random notifications saying a device was being disconnected then reconnected immediately after. I tried looking at the jack, but didn't notice anything (I'm not really much of an expert on this). My headphones are perfectly fine, yet the microphone is just confusing. Can someone please figure out how I get the device to be detected and not apparently "not plugged in". Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks.

:)

JeremyNichols4078, May 12, 2019

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 12, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Plug in your microphone

Your computer may be having an issue detecting your microphone that is why you're always seeing the notification. We recommend that you disable, and then re-enable your microphone to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the lower right part of your screen, right-click the speaker or sound icon.
    • Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the list of recording devices, and then make sure that the
      Show disabled devices
      option is checked. If the option is not checked, kindly click it.
    • Right-click on your microphone, and then select Disable.
    • Right-click again on your microphone, and then select Enable.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if you'll encounter the microphone notification again.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, May 12, 2019
  4. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone "No Plugged in"

Hi Maddie,

The challenge you're experiencing with connecting your microphone to your Windows 10 laptop might be due to a misconfiguration of the audio driver. Some devices require a specific driver from the device manufacturer's support page in order to function correctly.
    That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

For the time being, we suggest running the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool will scan and fix issues detected with your device drivers. Make sure that the microphone is connected before running the tool. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

1. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected - Similar Threads - Microphone Plugged Being

2. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  3. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  4. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer

Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer: Hello, I recently have got a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I have plugged my external microphone into the laptop and it has not been detected by the computer. I have connected the microphone to my Chromebook and it works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix...
  6. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  7. Headset microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not being detected: I got a headset that has a detachable microphone in it. When I plug it in my laptop recognizes the headphones but not the microphone. Under input devices the only one is the low quality built in microphone that’s right next to the fan while not recognizing the headset...
  8. Headset with microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset with microphone not being detected: Specs: Dell OptiPlex 5060 Windows 10 Black 3.5mm jack on front panel Green audio out jack on back panel I just bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset to use with my work computer (will also be using it for PS4). When plugged into the front jack, Windows does not recognize...
  9. External Microphone not detecting when plugged in

External Microphone not detecting when plugged in: I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer. When I plugged in a headset into the headset port (port 5) on the front of the computer , I got the following message when I tried to troubleshoot the...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. neewer microphone setup windows 10

2. plugged in microphone not detected

3. windows 10 microphone not plugged in

4. dell vostro not detecting headphones only microphone,
  5. windows 10 microphone is plugged but no input devices found