Windows 10: Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

Discus and support Microphone port on Lenovo desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know where on my Lenovo PC to connect the microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CModarelli, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

I don't know where on my Lenovo PC to connect the microphone.

:)

CModarelli, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Lenovo B40-80 internal microphone not working

Hello,

Incompatibility, a missing or corrupted audio driver may be causing the issue you are now encountering.

Method 1: Initially, let us try running the audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search bar and click it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Playing Audio and follow the instructions
    Method 2: Let's adjust the volume for your microphone and check if it is set as default.
    • Right-click the speaker icon which is on the right bottom corner of the desktop screen of the taskbar.
    • Click on Sounds, click the
      Recording
      tab.
    • Click Microphone, and then click
      Properties. (Note: Make sure that Working appears under Microphone. If Working does not appear, click Microphone, and then click Set Default.)
    • In the Microphone Properties dialog box, click the
      Custom tab.
    • Select or clear the Microphone Boost
      check box.
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • Adjust the volume slider to the level that you want, and then click
      OK.
    • Click OK to close the Sound dialog box.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, then I would also suggest that you try updating the drivers for the sound card and check if that helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps provided below to update the drivers.

• Drag the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
      Start.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Update Driver and follow the instructions.
    Step 2: Visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest drivers available for the latest operating system.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

Microphone not working with my desktop

Hi Matt,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: to determine whether the issue is related to microphone, I suggest you to connect the microphone to different computer and also connect the different microphone to your computer, check whether the issue persist
    or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

1. Microphone port on Lenovo desktop. - Similar Threads - Microphone port Lenovo

2. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  3. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  4. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  5. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  6. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Prioritizing microphone port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prioritizing microphone port: So my front microphone jack is busted. Somehow the microphone jack I use to plug it into broke off and is now stuck in there. Whenever I try to use the microphone jack in the back it just doesn’t want to use it so what does is it picks up the messed up audio from the front....
  8. Microphone not working: Lenovo Yogabook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working: Lenovo Yogabook: So I have been trying for days to record something for I project I have for school, but my microphone is not working. I've played with all the settings, googled everything I could, but nothing. No apps recognize that I even have a microphone in the laptop at all. All drivers...
  9. Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports

Issue with front Microphone/Headphone Ports: Hello, So I recently finished building my PC. Running windows 10 and a ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. Connected to my monitor with no integrated speakers off an HDMI. So I have been using a set of desktop speakers, but for some reason are not read if I use the front audio port on...
  10. front ports on desktop

front ports on desktop: ok im not real good with computers so i was familiarizing myself with the computer so i guess i switched the assigned color ports on the front panel in the system now when i plug in the splitter with mic and headphones the mic shows up in the color spot as headphone port and...