Windows 10: "microphone privacy settings"

Discus and support "microphone privacy settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CHAOS MURLOC, May 15, 2019 at 5:32 PM.

1. "microphone privacy settings"

I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings on my computer. so I did just that and allowed everything I could. but the apps I want to allow my microphone don't show up and the ones that do show up IE: Skype and Xbox app. still say that I need to change my privacy settings, even though they are already turned on. I've restarted my computer twice and it still wont fix my problem. please help! I've been trying to fix this for weeks now!

:)

CHAOS MURLOC, May 15, 2019 at 5:32 PM
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

3. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, May 15, 2019 at 5:35 PM
  4. "microphone privacy settings"

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Hi Orangeshearts,

I would like to verify some information regarding the problem with your camera and microphone. Allow me to ask the following:

• Was your camera and microphone working before?
    • Aside from updating the drivers, what other updates or changes were performed prior to the problem?
    • Are you currently logged in as the administrator?
    • Have you set which apps can access and use your camera and microphone?

If you haven't set any apps to use your camera and microphone, then follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
    • Make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware is toggled ON.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, toggle on the apps you want to give access to.
    • Do the same for the microphone. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

If the issue persists, then please run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Click Troubleshooting > View all.
    • Search for and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please share the results on this thread for further assistance.

Regards.

Thema:

"microphone privacy settings"

1. "microphone privacy settings" - Similar Threads - microphone privacy settings

2. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...
  3. Microphone settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone settings: I have been trying to learn how to play guitar on a app I downloaded recently (middle of October). The guitar goes through my microphone on my computer and makes sure I am hitting the right notes and cords. Recently, I have been playing and the app was unable to pick up my...
  4. Microphone settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone settings: How do I turn off the "dictate" mode on my windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-settings/39637428-ae42-4c1f-8c3e-bf3a1b1ef0ef
  5. Microphone settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone settings: I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying Microphone in / Microphone out I accidentally clicked on microphone in and and marked to never show this again. From then, the sounds are not playing in the microphone but are playing in the...
  6. Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open: For about a month now my mic has been not working, i presume it to be the pc because it stopped working after the pc crashed one day. I've looked up a multitude of fixes, but the only one that could be my answer is using privacy settings, but every time I open the microphone...
  7. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  8. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  9. A handy guide for privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A handy guide for privacy settings.: It's just what the title says, a handy guide for privacy settings that I came across. *Tongue https://fix10.isleaked.com/ 18623
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129