Windows 10: Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs1067nr with Windows 10, received September, 2019. The microphone has never worked. Cortana can't hear me and in Zoom... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LaskeAkron6526, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs1067nr with Windows 10, received September, 2019. The microphone has never worked. Cortana can't hear me and in Zoom meetings no one can hear me. I can hear other attendees but no one is hearing me. I know I'm not muted. I tried mic setup and Cortana setup and troubleshooting. Nothing has worked. Any ideas for a fix? What else can I try? I was hoping it was a setup problem, but could it be a hardware problem?

Thanks.

Rick

:)

LaskeAkron6526, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

Is the icon on the front of your machine a headphone icon:

Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 [​IMG]

or a headset icon:

If it's a headset icon, you may be able to use a dual 3 zone to 4 zone adapter:

Edwin, Apr 8, 2020
  3. mnsdfhrug Win User

It appears to be a headset icon. So it could work but I need an adatper. What about the ports on the back? Can headphone be plugged into audio "line out" (port 6) and microphone into port 7 (refer to image above)

mnsdfhrug, Apr 8, 2020
  4. mnsdfhrug Win User

Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 c05258839.jpg

Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 c05240717.jpg

1. USB 2.0: 2
    2. LAN (Ethernet)
    3. HDMI out
    4. USB 3.0: 2
    5. Audio: Line in
    6. Audio: Line out
    7. Audio: Microphone
    Here are photos of the front and back of one of the HP pavilion desktops. As seen on the front, you can only plug in headphones, but not microphone so I can't use that. Looking at the back, I'm not sure what audio line in and line out means. Microphone can probably work with slot 7 but I'm not sure about the headphones.

I need the headphone and microphone ports to be very close to each other, so I can plug in a typical headset.

mnsdfhrug, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

1. Microphone Problem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone Problem Pavilion

2. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  3. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  4. HP Pavilion x360 touch problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion x360 touch problem: I had got an update in Windows. After updating my laptop touchscreen is not working. It is showing exclamation mark at ELAN EzTOuch filter. Tried many things to get touch screen work but ni use....
  5. Hp Pavilion mouse problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Pavilion mouse problems: I need serious help here. My HP Pavilion keeps doing weird things and I can't quite figure it out. I think what's happening is similar to another problem I saw someone else post, where there mouse was acting up and clicking on things it shouldn't have been. The only...
  6. Microphone Ptoblem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10

in Cortana
    Microphone Ptoblem - HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs1067nr with Windows 10, received September, 2019. The microphone has never worked. Cortana can't hear me and in Zoom meetings no one can hear me. I can hear other attendees but no one is hearing me. I know I'm not muted. I tried mic setup and...
  7. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  8. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  9. HP pavilion No Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP pavilion No Sound Problem: Hello I'm here because there is no sound coming from my laptop. I just got this laptop a few weeks ago and everything was great but suddenly one day there was no more sound. I've looked into it to see if anything was muted or if it was disabled, no. Everything is how it...
  10. HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input: All the HP pavilion desktops I've come across seem to have only a headphone jack at the front of the tower and a microphone jack at the back of the tower. I plan on using typical headphones with an audio output and microphone but due to this design I can't. Is there something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not working windows 10 hp pavilion

2. hp pavilion microphone not working with apps

3. microphone hp pavilion 10 zoom