Windows 10: Microphone Problems

Discus and support Microphone Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem regarding the audio on my pc, specifically the microphone. I don't know anymore whether it is a hardware or software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappyLego214, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Microphone Problems

Hello everyone, I have a problem regarding the audio on my pc, specifically the microphone. I don't know anymore whether it is a hardware or software issue.

It all started randomly when discord/teamspeak couldn't hear my voice anymore and all my friends say that I was just spitting out static. I did the usual things such as plugging it in again and double checking all the settings if something changed but I didn't spot anything unusual. I tried reinstalling the realtek drivers from gigabyte (manufacturer of my motherboard) and I also tried installing drivers from the realtek website. I decided to finally end it all there and reformatted my pc for a clean slate but despite that nothing changed, still static.

I concluded that it wasn't a software issue but the rear microphone jack had an hardware issue so I bought a external USB sound card. To my surprise, the USB soundcard didn't hear my voice and all I got was static again! I did however figured out that I had a USB webcam with an inbuilt microphone and so I tried that. My PC did manage to pick up my voice however the quality of that was so shitty that I didn't even bother using it.

Now, I'm confused as to where the issue is and just thought about buying a USB Condenser microphone but I don't want to spend money unless I have exhausted all possibilities and frankly; this is my last hope of figuring this problem out.

submitted by /u/HappyLego214
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HappyLego214, Aug 28, 2020

2. Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Farvatten Win User

Microphone Problems

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

Microphone Problems [​IMG]

Farvatten, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Problems

1. Microphone Problems - Similar Threads - Microphone Problems

2. So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????: Went to use my microphone in Google Chrome and it doesn't work. It is on in Chrome settings and it is available for Chrome in Windows settings.Windows shows there is no microphone available. It has always been there. Why is it that every time Microsoft does updates, something...
  3. So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So what is being done about the microphone problem??????????????: Went to use my microphone in Google Chrome and it doesn't work. It is on in Chrome settings and it is available for Chrome in Windows settings.Windows shows there is no microphone available. It has always been there. Why is it that every time Microsoft does updates, something...
  4. Problem with microphone in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with microphone in Windows 11: Hello, i've been having this weird problem since a couple of weeks in which i have to restart my pc every single time i boot it up to be able to have the mic working.I've tried looking for some solutions but none of them worked for me, i've switched to win 11 recently and...
  5. Problem with microphone in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with microphone in Windows 11: Hello, i've been having this weird problem since a couple of weeks in which i have to restart my pc every single time i boot it up to be able to have the mic working.I've tried looking for some solutions but none of them worked for me, i've switched to win 11 recently and...
  6. Problem with microphone in Windows 11

7. Problem with microphone in Windows 11

8. problem with my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with my microphone: i got a new mic but when i use it, i hear myself. no matter what i do, my mic wont budge. even a restart, NO application can do this since im not seeing the "mic being used by an app" icon. i tried restarting, plugging in the front and back pink mic port my pc is about 6...
  9. problem with my microphone

problem with my microphone: i got a new mic but when i use it, i hear myself. no matter what i do, my mic wont budge. even a restart, NO application can do this since im not seeing the "mic being used by an app" icon. i tried restarting, plugging in the front and back pink mic port my pc is about 6...
  10. problem with my microphone

in Windows 10 Customization