Windows 10: Microphone quality when streaming/recording

Discus and support Microphone quality when streaming/recording in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, for the past week I've been trying to find a fix online and nothing worked. I have a problem with my microphone quality when in my videos or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/audrelio, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Microphone quality when streaming/recording

Hello, for the past week I've been trying to find a fix online and nothing worked.
    I have a problem with my microphone quality when in my videos or when I am streaming.
    It seems like when there is no gameplay or desktop audio, my microphone audio sounds perfectly fine but when I am commentating over live gameplay (on streams or recording something) it turns to absolute worst.
    I'm using Windows 10, Acer Nitro 5 laptop, my headset is connected to a laptop with Aux cable.

Here is an example:
    Audio file on Google Drive

You can clearly hear how from 00:08 second the quality changes.
    Thank you for any kind of help!

submitted by /u/audrelio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/audrelio, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Cant change microphone quality

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you're able to change the microphone quality.

1. Click on Start icon.

2. Type Manage audio devices and press Enter.

3. Click on Recording tab.

4. Right click on the Microphone and select Properties.

5. Click on Advanced tab.

6. Set the sample rate to CD Quality or DVD Quality.

7. Click on Apply and OK.

Restart the system and check. Update us on the result.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Beastie Win User
    Microphone giving bad quality recording

What microphone are you using? Are you getting decent db levels? Maybe the mic input doesnt have enough gain.

A couple of side notes-
    Latency shouldn't affect the sound quality. If the buffer was too small you might get clipping or artifacts but it wouldn't cause recordings to sound flat or dull.
    24 bit 192k is total overkill unless you have very high quality microphones and hardware, if you go down to 96k or 48k I doubt you will be able to tell the difference.

Beastie, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Microphone quality when streaming/recording

Studio Recording Quality for Microphone

On Windows 10: Should I not have "Studio Recording Quality" for my microphone? I have checked my drivers and they appear to be updated. Other people seem to have this option, and I only have "CD", "DVD" and some other lower qualites.

Thanks for your attention.

FredericoCoelhoNunes, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Microphone quality when streaming/recording

1. Microphone quality when streaming/recording - Similar Threads - Microphone quality streaming

2. Audio quality drops when using microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality drops when using microphone: Whenever I join a discord call, the audio quality of my headphones that are really good drop down to absolutely horrible audio quality. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-quality-drops-when-using-microphone/ccfe3493-031f-4480-8abc-b4f212a9554f
  3. Audio quality drops when using microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quality drops when using microphone: Whenever I join a discord call, the audio quality of my headphones that are really good drop down to absolutely horrible audio quality. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-quality-drops-when-using-microphone/ccfe3493-031f-4480-8abc-b4f212a9554f
  4. Drop in streaming quality when in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop in streaming quality when in full screen: I often stream sports games from ESPN+, have a fast Internet connection. Lately I got a new Thinkpad X1 Nano and I have been experiencing an unusual problem. Streaming quality is excellent as long as do not watch it in full screen it remains excellent when I make the screen...
  5. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality drop when microphone is activated: Hi team, I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphona and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music...
  6. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  7. Players have poor microphone quality with Nvidia GeForce recording?

Players have poor microphone quality with Nvidia GeForce recording?: Hello, i used to have the problem that my microphone sounds very badly "electric" during a shadowplay recording. I was able to fix this problem. But now my teammates always sound the same. When I talk to them, everything is normal, but in the recording they always sound...
  8. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  9. Windows 10 GameBar Michrophone quality (When Recording)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 GameBar Michrophone quality (When Recording): I have Recently Been looking and playing around with The Windows 10 Game bar. I have been trialing the recording system and it seems the Microphone quality is absolutly awful. (When Recording). I have tried Everything including Uninstalling the Whole Xbox package through the...
  10. Wondershare Streaming Audio Recorder Error when Start

Wondershare Streaming Audio Recorder Error when Start: Since Windows 10 updated to version 1803 the Wondershare Streaming Application has stopped working. This uses a virtual drive of sound and cannot connect. Any idea to resolve this?...