Windows 10: Microphone questions

Discus and support Microphone questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The last time I came to write was because I had microphone problems like sound not being picked up, and cause was because I accidentally pulled out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DamianLim2, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Microphone questions

The last time I came to write was because I had microphone problems like sound not being picked up, and cause was because I accidentally pulled out the wire. This time I already checked everything and even restarted. i'm tired of trying again over and over. Can someone please answer the following?

Does getting a new microphone fix any existing problems

How to know if your microphone driver is damaged and how to fix it Not using control panel cause I already tried

Does installing any microphone software have a possible chance of messing up something Obs studio,voicemeter,etc

Any suggestions or microphone software?

Thats only some of the questions I can think about for now...Please someone answer the above, and thanks for your time

* Original title: I'm back I'm not happy

:)

DamianLim2, Jan 19, 2021

2. Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Microphone questions

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microphone questions

1. Microphone questions - Similar Threads - Microphone questions

2. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  3. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  4. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  5. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  6. Questions on Microphone on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions on Microphone on Windows 11: Hello,My microphone on my Windows 11 laptop may've been accessed, and I want to make sure it doesn't happen again; that is, I want specifically want to make sure that no one can hear, via a virus/trojan, anything said in my home over the computer. To that end, I did two...
  7. Questions on Microphone on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions on Microphone on Windows 11: Hello,My microphone on my Windows 11 laptop may've been accessed, and I want to make sure it doesn't happen again; that is, I want specifically want to make sure that no one can hear, via a virus/trojan, anything said in my home over the computer. To that end, I did two...
  8. Question - Notification when app turns on my microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question - Notification when app turns on my microphone?: Does Windows 10, by default settings, provide any sort of notification when a program turns on or accesses your laptop's built-in microphone? I've seen that there's a log where you can see programs that accessed your microphone, but is there a real-time notification when your...
  9. [Ultra noob question] How do I utilize the microphone on my earphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Ultra noob question] How do I utilize the microphone on my earphone?: [ATTACH] Specs (for added context): Motherboard: Strix Z390-E Case: Aerocool NightHawk Duo Mid-Tower Not used to the split audio out and mic in thing for Desktop: been 100% comfortable with the single AUX port that can do both simultaneously. Now that I upgraded to a...
  10. Question on microphone/headphone combo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on microphone/headphone combo: My niece bought me a microphone/headphone combination for my pc, but after I put in a new motherboard and windows 10 the microphone plug doesn't work on my front of the case, but it will work on the one in the back. Problem is the green headphone can't be used because the...