Windows 10: Microphone Quiet

Discus and support Microphone Quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Photon816, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Photon816 Win User

Microphone Quiet

So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that discord isn't pushing it through. So I do the troubleshoot, and it detects nothing. I try boosting my mic through the sound control panel and device properties, but that doesn't do anything either. At first, I thought it was my headphones, but they work with other devices, and other headphones also come through quiet on my pc. I'm really not too tech savvy so there might have been something obvious I missed, but I'm out of ideas on how to fix this

:)

Photon816, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Hi Kirby, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've already adjusted the volume and boost for your microphone and it's still too quiet, it could be a driver issue.

I'd recommend reinstalling the microphone drivers through Device Manager. Here are the steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your microphone in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

If it's still too quiet, test to see if the same problem occurs on another PC if you have one available.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Microphone Quiet

my microphones are quiet

i have a Okeyn Condenser Sound Microphone [Noise Cancellation] USB Stereo Mic + Desktop Stand + Sponge Cover for PC Mac Laptop Skype Recording, Gaming, Singing and Video Chat Plug and Play.
    i am trying to record a song on audacity, but its being temperamental and quiet any suggestions??

JustinSchmitt, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Microphone Quiet

1. Microphone Quiet - Similar Threads - Microphone Quiet

2. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  3. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  4. Everything is at 100% through sound settings and I'm still really quiet through my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is at 100% through sound settings and I'm still really quiet through my microphone: Hello I recently bought parts to build my pc in November 2022 and everything was running smoothly I thought until I got into a discord call with my friends and even at 200% volume I'm still really quiet for them, even on stream. My desktop audio is nice and loud at just...
  5. Everything is at 100% through sound settings and I'm still really quiet through my microphone

Everything is at 100% through sound settings and I'm still really quiet through my microphone: Hello I recently bought parts to build my pc in November 2022 and everything was running smoothly I thought until I got into a discord call with my friends and even at 200% volume I'm still really quiet for them, even on stream. My desktop audio is nice and loud at just...
  6. Everything is at 100% through sound settings and I'm still really quiet through my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Changing the Volume Mixer setting in Windows 11 solved my external microphone being too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Volume Mixer setting in Windows 11 solved my external microphone being too quiet: After updating to Windows 11 this morning my headset microphone was too quiet to use for calls and online meetings. None of the normal fixes worked. By chance, when I clicked the speaker icon in the Task Bar I noted the option to click on Open Volume Mixer. The mixer has a...
  8. Changing the Volume Mixer setting in Windows 11 solved my external microphone being too quiet

Changing the Volume Mixer setting in Windows 11 solved my external microphone being too quiet: After updating to Windows 11 this morning my headset microphone was too quiet to use for calls and online meetings. None of the normal fixes worked. By chance, when I clicked the speaker icon in the Task Bar I noted the option to click on Open Volume Mixer. The mixer has a...
  9. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  10. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...