Windows 10: Microphone Quiet

Discus and support Microphone Quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Photon816, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Photon816 Win User

Microphone Quiet

So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that discord isn't pushing it through. So I do the troubleshoot, and it detects nothing. I try boosting my mic through the sound control panel and device properties, but that doesn't do anything either. At first, I thought it was my headphones, but they work with other devices, and other headphones also come through quiet on my pc. I'm really not too tech savvy so there might have been something obvious I missed, but I'm out of ideas on how to fix this

:)

Photon816, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Hi Kirby, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've already adjusted the volume and boost for your microphone and it's still too quiet, it could be a driver issue.

I'd recommend reinstalling the microphone drivers through Device Manager. Here are the steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your microphone in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

If it's still too quiet, test to see if the same problem occurs on another PC if you have one available.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Microphone Quiet

my microphones are quiet

i have a Okeyn Condenser Sound Microphone [Noise Cancellation] USB Stereo Mic + Desktop Stand + Sponge Cover for PC Mac Laptop Skype Recording, Gaming, Singing and Video Chat Plug and Play.
    i am trying to record a song on audacity, but its being temperamental and quiet any suggestions??

JustinSchmitt, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Microphone Quiet

1. Microphone Quiet - Similar Threads - Microphone Quiet

2. My Microphone is very quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Microphone is very quiet: Hello, I am having a problem with my microphone that makes me very quiet I have my slider for my mic all the way up and there is no microphone boost in the advanced device properties I need help finding another way to boost my microphone volume because nobody can hear me over...
  3. Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard: Description of Issue:My microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard. The audio is indeed being detected, however even with my settings configured to maximise input volume, the audio is still unimaginably quiet.Troubleshooting Methods:Adjusted the volume/levels...
  4. Internal microphone is much too quiet

Internal microphone is much too quiet: Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340 and the internal microphone never gets above 15% when I test it in the Sound settings. Windows is up to date and the drivers are all up to date and been reinstalled, but it makes no difference. Volumes are set on maximum but people can't...
  5. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  6. Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.

Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.: The volume level in my microphone for my headphones is maxed out at +12 dB, which is way too quiet. However, I discovered that if I go to device manager, uninstall the driver for the mic, then unplug the mic from my computer, and restart my computer to then plug it back in it...
  7. Microphone is extremely quiet

Microphone is extremely quiet: Hello. A few weeks ago, my microphone just decided to stop working properly. At the same time I also got issues with my sound. Both were extremely quiet and did not work properly. I managed to raise the sound on my laptop but my microphone didnt work until I uninstalled the...
  8. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.: I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem but I figured really smart people could help. Problem I am having. I have Discord Open as [Administrator] and able to talk normally and my friends are able to fully hear me, as soon as I open Rainbow Six Siege my Microphone will...
  9. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  10. Problem with Realtek audio driver/quiet microphone issue in windows 10...

Problem with Realtek audio driver/quiet microphone issue in windows 10...: Hi,I am also having an issue with my headset microphoneit has been 3 months/ the problem occured after window's scheduled/random update/before the update the microphone used to work fine/ the headphones are still working fine I have literally tried everything you can...