Windows 10: Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update

Discus and support Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Blue Snowball Microphone that was working on my old Windows 10 PC and when I upgraded to my new Dell PC it worked fine. Did the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RamMan111, Apr 28, 2020.

1. RamMan111 Win User

Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update

I have a Blue Snowball Microphone that was working on my old Windows 10 PC and when I upgraded to my new Dell PC it worked fine. Did the latest updates on win 10 and now it will not work. Have tried to update drivers and the sound Diagnostics but to no avail. Mic is a Blue Snowball which I like because It sits above me and Cortana heard it real well. But she hears it no more.

:)

RamMan111, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 28, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Microphone Quit working

2. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  3. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  4. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  6. C drive quit on Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive quit on Win 10 update.: C drive started as Win 7, later loaded Win 10. All's been good til last update. PC loads to windows sign in and won't go further. Advised to try Win recovery disc. Surprise!! Recovery was for Win 7. Have total mess. How do I get back to Win 10?...
  7. works 2000 quit working after 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    works 2000 quit working after 10 update: newest update caused word 2000 to quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/works-2000-quit-working-after-10-update/fc6f7c71-ddff-4af3-9847-563bb0d165d0
  8. Audio quit working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio quit working after a Windows update: My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers. That was about 4 months ago. I don’t want to buy another set of new speakers. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I’ve tried...
  9. microphone quits

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone quits: Why does my laptop microphone quit working during Zoom meetings which I access through the internet. The first 3 meetings were fine but now the microphone quits after about 10 minutes. I have checked my privacy settings....
  10. network quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network quit working after updates: WiFi does not connect after recent updates. Wifi used to connect anywhere. Do you know how to test network adapters? Update may wiped an old adapter or this Toshiba satellite M 645 S4070 may need different one. 90705

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue ice snowball microphone problems

2. microphone not working after windows update