Windows 10: microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade

Discus and support microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Dell Laptop upgraded to Windows 11. Now my RealTek microphone is not accessible. It does not show up at all. The RealTek speakers function is fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C Carey_153, Feb 7, 2023.

1. microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade

My Dell Laptop upgraded to Windows 11. Now my RealTek microphone is not accessible. It does not show up at all. The RealTek speakers function is fine but the microphone simply doesn't appear in the menuYes, I have turned Microphone Access "ON" on the Privacy and Security page. The online help says I should click the CONFIRM button but there isn't one. I also updated the Speakers/Headphones RealTek Driver 6.0.9147.1 But I can't be certain it worked for the microphone. The System > Sound settings page for Input shows the microphone and says: Choose a device for speaking or recording. But o

:)

C Carey_153, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 7, 2023
  3. My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

Tried all these steps but cannot get microphone volume on my wired Wintory M1 headphones / mic greater than about 8% even with volume levels slider up to 100%. All worked perfectly until upgrading to Windows 11. Tried different microphone with exactly the same result. Troubleshooter did not find any issues, Realtek devices are latest version. I have a Dell Alienware Aurora R7.

PaulMiner3, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Riel Alc Win User

microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade

1. microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade - Similar Threads - microphone RealTek available

2. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  3. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  4. microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade

microphone RealTek is not available after Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell Laptop upgraded to Windows 11. Now my RealTek microphone is not accessible. It does not show up at all. The RealTek speakers function is fine but the microphone simply doesn't appear in the menuYes, I have turned Microphone Access "ON" on the Privacy and Security...
  5. Emoji not available after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji not available after upgrade to windows 11: Dear,After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I noticed that emoji is not available.When I hit WIN key + ; key, I can see only an empty windows see pictureIf I check the font emoji, it is already installedWindows 11 has the latest updatesI have removed the font,...
  6. Emoji not available after upgrade to windows 11

Emoji not available after upgrade to windows 11: Dear,After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I noticed that emoji is not available.When I hit WIN key + ; key, I can see only an empty windows see pictureIf I check the font emoji, it is already installedWindows 11 has the latest updatesI have removed the font,...
  7. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  8. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  9. Realtek Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Microphone: My Realtek microphone is causing sporadic brief interrupts when I am speaking. Is there any setting that I can adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone/c062790c-d1d2-4d58-b13a-d686f7da33e0
  10. RealTek Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek Microphone: Hi, I have a serious issue with the Microphone. When I plug in headphones or earphones, the microphone works and detects everything. But when I have not plugged in anything, i.e. my PC's inbuilt mic, the microphone doesn't work in any app except for the camera app. Windows...