Windows 10: Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input?

Discus and support Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 windows 10 Acer laptops, one older and one newer. My headset works fine on the newer computer. On the older computer, the headphones work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KayO21, Dec 31, 2018.

1. KayO21 Win User

Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input?

I have 2 windows 10 Acer laptops, one older and one newer. My headset works fine on the newer computer. On the older computer, the headphones work fine, but the microphone constantly records a stream of static and nothing else. I verified that the driver is up to date. Any idea why the mic would be not working on this computer?

:)

KayO21, Dec 31, 2018
  2. d0mmunism Win User

No Microphone Input

So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is
    input and recorded whenever I plug them in or rotate them in their ports. Whenever I speak into the microphones, however, nothing is recorded.

d0mmunism, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input?

My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input?

1. Microphone recording static and not accepting any actual input? - Similar Threads - Microphone recording static

2. Microphone not getting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting any input: Bought a new microphone, had to get an adapter to plug it into usb C, because i only have mixed jack. Microphone gets detected but any input sound doesnt. Tried plugging it into windows 7 laptop, it gets recognised and even the input works and everybody can hear me.I wanna...
  3. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  4. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  7. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  8. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  9. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  10. Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10: I have 2 windows 10 Acer laptops, one older and one newer. My headset works fine on the newer computer. On the older computer, the headphones work fine, but the microphone constantly records a stream of static and nothing else. I verified that the driver is up to date....