Windows 10: Microphone records input and output

Discus and support Microphone records input and output in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nigel666911314, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

:)

nigel666911314, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Anglachel Win User

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hello!

Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game.
    Looking into my Steam settings, I found that all my input devices were actually my output devices, and all my output devices were actually input devices. I initially thought this was an issue with Steam, so I restarted Steam and my PC.
    However, when the problem did not resolve, I looked to my sound settings and found that even in there, my playback devices detected inputs as outputs and recording devices detected outputs as inputs.

How am I able to fix this problem?

Microphone records input and output [​IMG]

Microphone records input and output [​IMG]

The VoiceMeeter inputs and outputs are from a sound managing device called VoiceMeeter Banana that I installed to allow for the creation of virtual line ins.

Anglachel, Sep 4, 2019
  3. HEM
    HeM Win User
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hi and welcome!

This is absolutely normal!
    What you see as "Input" in Playback tab, actually it is an input (like all the rest, system audio inputs).

Setting VoiceMeeter as Default (in Playback tab), means that system audio playback goes to VoiceMeeter for processing and NOT to your speakers.

If you want to listen to what's VoiceMeeter doing (the reason you got it, I think), you must go to Recording tab, open VoiceMeeter Output Properties -> Listen tab, check "Listen to this device" box and right below, specify the desired listening output.

This is the only way to listen to processed sound and that's the way those apps work.

Perhaps, you should set your Mic as Default, in Recording tab, for your game (or VoiceMeeter) to access it. There is no reason for VoiceMeeter to be set as Default in Recording tab, except of recording purposes.

Hope that helps!

4. Alex_1248 Win User

Microphone records input and output

How to I play my microphone output to microphone input?

I kind've meant like computer output, didn't really mean the microphone output. So if my computer is playing audio, I want that to go directly to my microphone input.

I already posted my specs and I don't really know what to do I guess. I hope I updated this question correctly

Alex_1248, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Microphone records input and output

1. Microphone records input and output - Similar Threads - Microphone records input

2. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  3. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  4. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.: I just bought a new computer which has both audio and microphone jacks. After trying out 2 audio splitters, the microphone settings show that the microphone input is being recieved correctly, but when it comes to calls and similar, no sound can be heard. I tried several...
  5. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.: I just bought a new computer which has both audio and microphone jacks. After trying out 2 audio splitters, the microphone settings show that the microphone input is being recieved correctly, but when it comes to calls and similar, no sound can be heard. I tried several...
  6. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  8. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  9. Microphone input playing audio output

Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...
  10. My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

My microphone is recording output sent to my headset: I've been struggling with this for a few months so I decided I might as well post it here. Whenever I use my microphone it also records whatever my computer is outputing, and it's not like the actual audio coming from the headset is being recorded, my headset is a...