Windows 10: Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.

Discus and support Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop display recently broke down and I bought a new external monitor instead. Connected it via hdmi. 17-7700HQ GTX 1060 6gb 16gb ram realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krishna Saathvik, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.

My laptop display recently broke down and I bought a new external monitor instead. Connected it via hdmi.

17-7700HQ

GTX 1060 6gb

16gb ram

realtek and dolby,

Uninstalled and reinstalled both graphics drivers and realtek drivers twice.

Issue started after new monitor. Microphone array is set as default but doesn't pick up my audio. If stereo mix is enabled it records windows audio, but in a disabled state it just records alien noises/ static/ some random electrical noise. I usually play multiplayer games and need my mic to work for it. I checked if listen to my device is enabled and kept it disabled. I've changed three headphones with microphones and one individual microphone but issue keeps repeating. Microsoft Troubleshooting says it cant find a problem. I'm stuck and annoyed. Please help.

Restarted 15-20 times to see if something would change.

I thought going back to laptop display might fix it but nope. Same problem.

Even after removing hdmi and restarting.

Privacy settings also enabled and microphone is unblocked.

Plz help

:)

Krishna Saathvik, Jan 21, 2019
  2. kirillkh Win User

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.

1. Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises. - Similar Threads - Microphone Records Nothing

2. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  3. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  4. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  6. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  7. USB microphone suddenly recording a tapping noise

USB microphone suddenly recording a tapping noise: I've been using my current computer for about three years without issue, Windows 10. Yesterday however, I could no longer use speech recognition going through a USB microphone. Finally figured out what the problem is when I tried testing the microphone using the Windows voice...
  8. Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update

Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update: I need help guys, after i updated to windows 10 ver 1909 , there's a lot of noise when i am recording through the mic. Before i updated it , recording was fine , it didn't had any extra noises . I just suddenly had some noises after update that i can even barely hear what i'm...
  9. Game Bar not Recording Microphone and Backround Noise (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar not Recording Microphone and Backround Noise (Windows 10): So I have been having a problem that has been bugging me that people have been complaining about for years. The Microphone doesn't work with windows 10 Game Bar. Even if I go into Game Bar settings and turn my microphone to 100 it doesn't work. I've found out switching from...
  10. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...