Windows 10: Microphone sample rate greyed out

Discus and support Microphone sample rate greyed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got this headset and I thought, I should use voice mod to troll my friends but then it said the sample rate of the mic was either too high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gradient O'Games, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Microphone sample rate greyed out

I recently got this headset and I thought, I should use voice mod to troll my friends but then it said the sample rate of the mic was either too high or too low so I had to change it, and I also had a few other apps like auto tune and they wouldn't get my mic, so I went to sound manager, all that stuff and now and I went to advanced setting but the change sample rate was greyed out... get this, OBS studios and discord would get my mic input but nothing else would work and I am confused.

I AM NOT FORMATING MY PC SO DONT ASK.

:)

Gradient O'Games, Mar 24, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Sample Rate on Microphone

Please note that Windows cannot give your microphone something it does not already have. If your microphone has the ability to select sampling rates, you'll see a control for that on the microphone or in the software that came with the microphone. By itself,
    changing a setting in Windows does not change your microphone's sampling rate.

If your microphone can select its sampling rate, keep in mind that higher sampling rates are more processor-intensive and result in larger files (when saved.)

BulldogXX, Mar 24, 2021
  3. ryevick Win User
    Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled everything audio in the device manager, downloaded the most up to date drivers from Acer, installed those and rebooted. Nothing I do is working. I freakin' hate Windows... but it's a necessary evil.

Suggestions?
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Acer Aspire E 15
    E5-575G-53VG

Microphone sample rate greyed out [​IMG]

ryevick, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Microphone sample rate greyed out

Microphone Sample Rate

Hi Octo. This is usually because your microphone/speakers/etc do not actually support higher sample rates, so it automatically changes back. AKA even if you had studio quality, it wouldnt change at all.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Microphone sample rate greyed out

1. Microphone sample rate greyed out - Similar Threads - Microphone sample rate

2. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my realtek sample rate greyed out: I reinstalled my windows because its not a problem if we do format and reinstall our windows. I did install all necessary drivers but the only issue I faced was audio felt weird I did some changes in settings like changing enhancements but nothing changed then at one point I...
  3. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my realtek sample rate greyed out: I reinstalled my windows because its not a problem if we do format and reinstall our windows. I did install all necessary drivers but the only issue I faced was audio felt weird I did some changes in settings like changing enhancements but nothing changed then at one point I...
  4. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio: I need help with my audio which is having issues so I was going to change the sample rate until I was horribly greeted with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sample-rate-greyed-out-for-synaptics-audio/eee3db50-0554-42c4-b918-6b73bacc5eb9
  6. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio: I need help with my audio which is having issues so I was going to change the sample rate until I was horribly greeted with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sample-rate-greyed-out-for-synaptics-audio/eee3db50-0554-42c4-b918-6b73bacc5eb9
  7. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

8. Realtek sample rate greyed out

Realtek sample rate greyed out: Hi,I cant change my speakers sample rate. The option is grayed out. I need to change the sample rate from 48hz to 44.1hz.What can I do. I tried to update the driver and did troubleshooting. Nothing happens. Can you help me. Thank you....
  9. Sample Rate on Microphone

Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  10. Microphone sample rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone sample rate: I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor. Thx for help...